Do guys like confidence more than looks?

Are looks on the top of every guy's list?

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks matter a lot more than confidence.

Actually, how are you defining confidence? Confidence as in male confidence where you're loud, sure of yourself, independent, and goal oriented? Or female confidence where you're talkative and aren't constantly seeking validation from guys who you aren't interested in? Women who try to act like men are repulsive; Women who will talk and are loyal to their man are more desirable.

In either sense, it's still not nearly as important as looks. An ugly bint with an extroverted personality is good company to talk to, but a pretty bint with an introverted personality is what makes my penis tingle.

Looks>Confidence. The only personality a woman really needs for most guys is one where she isn't a cunt and doesn't emasculate him.

• what do u mean by emasculate?

• Make him feel less of a man.

Examples: Comparing your friends' husbands/boyfriends to him, trying to dominate the relationship by setting your own ground rules, telling him he can't do things, insulting his salary, insulting his manhood, claiming he isn't a 'real man', telling him that he's a loser, not letting him open jars/cut the grass/fix the house/other manly things, having him hold your purse, making him wait outside of an establishment for you, disallowing ass smacks, getting him to buy your tampons, telling him to man up.

Let him be him, don't give him advice on what he should and shouldn't change/do, and don't challenge his masculinity.

What Guys Said 19

• Looks may be on top but can be destroyed by stupodity or annoyance. For example, first time I saw Candice Swanepoel in VSX I thought WOW. After I read something where she said her favorize movie was home alone I thoight ugh. Now she's a turn-off for me.
    So, I rather have a confident, like-minded girl who looks "just" OK to me than an annoying bombshell. That's ok, cause my look alone did not get me my girl either.

• I would say that in the short run, it's looks. In the long run, it's confidence for sure. Confidence will eventually win out.

• They aren't always the top but they are. important, if a guy isn't attracted to your looks he either won't bother pursuing you at all or he'll try to look past it if you have other attractive qualities, but eventually he'll more than likely lose interest sexually.

This idea that it's all about confidence and believing you're sexy makes you actually sexy is feel-good nonsense. There's a big things with "plus-sized" models and body confidence being pushed and maybe they do think they're very attractive - I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot bargepole. Confidence is an attractive trait but in reality doesn't trump others such as physical attraction.

• When it comes to attraction there is no one thing which trumps all.
    Looks matter just as much as her personality and confidence.

• no, not really. whats important is not being a biatch

• I think I read somewhere that confidence is the #1 attribute women seek in men. This makes sense for a number of reasons. But remember that the relationship is asymmetric. Our best guides to your fertility, and therefore how attractive we find you, are mostly appearance based.

Confidence has little bearing on your fertility and therefore verges on irrelevant. Diffident women can be easier to "control" whereas if you cross the confidence-arrogance divide you become a pain in the back teeth. So don't!

• Yes, straight up yes, confidence means dip if you have nothing to be cofident about, it sounds cruel but it's true attraction is entirely looks based, people will lie to you in an effort to make you feel good, but it's true the only way to date is to be attractive, a good personality is just a desired plus and will set you apart from other attractive candidates

• Depends. Too many girls mistake confidence for bitchiness. That is grade A unattractive. I'd take looks over that any day.

• Um... no and yes

First impression is about her looks. If she also her personality is good then the looks are worth it.

But if the looks are good and the personality is shitty, she is outta my league

• I just like a girl who is herself. Confidence plays a part in that I suppose but it's pretty irrelevant to me.

• I like both but none of them are deciding factors. I prefer brain and being able to have nice discussions, as long as she says something smart I'm happy :)

• Depends on the combination on each girl. I respect confidence way more than looks.

• looks are by farr the most important.

• Yes confidence counts but looks also count A LOT. In what proportion it depends from person to person.

• Of course, confidence is the best

• Charisma, Personality and Confidence tie for first place on my list. Looks don't matter for me. Any girl that is beautiful on the inside, to me, is beautiful on the outside.

• Well i Like confidence

• For me yes :)

• Looks are at or near the top for most guys. We're very visual.

What Girls Said 4

• Hahahahaha Hell naw!
    Hahaha

...

media.giphy.com/media/UGfn4flvFDzy0/giphy.gif

• Looks > Confidence.
    Shyness can be endearing.

• I totally agree. A girl that looks good is usually a confident girl.. It goes hand in hand

• Well not in all cases. I for one, like shy introverted guys so much💞

• All these people picking looks, but then cry when the looker breaks their hearts :P