Only time he says he wants to take me out is when I mention that I'm doing all the work... what should I do?

I think it's time to cut things off. This has to be one of the balls-less males I've ever met. Grant it, he's a good guy and that's why I've put up with it as long as I have, thinking he'd come around. I have pulled most of the weight. The only time he has asked me out is when I mention I have made most of the moves, aside from asking him out. And, that time, he said it would be if he got done working on something. It wasn't a definite answer. I made other plans because I don't wait on people to make time for me and he hasn't asked since. I brought it up and he said he meant when we were both free (he wasn't) and asked me to let him know when I was free this week. That was 4 days ago. Haven't heard from him since. I don't want to be with someone who makes me feel like I have to mention spending time together or someone who always places the ball in my court... what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe he's not good at arrangin plans? ah anyway...
    did u try textin or callin back 2 see y he didn't answer u?

• No because we ended the conversation talking about me letting him know when I was free when I got my schedule... he didn't show up at my birthday party that I invited him to, but told my friend's husband that he was sick when the husband called him. He is acting so weird.

• Yup x-actly... and he won't tell coz he's afraid of yer reaction

• I guess I don't understand that because we both said we would tell each other if we didn't want to talk anymore. He said he wanted to take things slow, but it kinda killed things. If anything, it's his fault. Lol. I honestly think he's emotionally unavailable anyway.

What Guys Said 1

• You're far more assertive than he is; unless he's just lazy (possible). Either way, things won't change if they haven't already. You've made your point and he's had time to consider it. I'm not the bravest guy in the world but have no problem carrying my weight when I'm dating. You're probably doing the right thing by moving on.

• I agree. It is killing things. He said it takes him a while to warm up to people, but there is something wrong with you if you constantly go hot and cold. He has deal with that on his own and shows he has issues.

• I honestly just think it's rude that he had no intentions of texting me and telling me he wasn't going to come, whether he was sick or not.

• I can't argue that. Sounds like an excuse. God only knows why. He'll throw everything away over it. But we're not known for being the brightest beings on the planet. Sometimes guys can be pretty stupid. :P

What Girls Said 1

• If u aren't happy with what's going on then you shouldn't b in that relationship. It's not fair that u feel u put it all the effort and caring. U deserve someone who will make u feel like they can't get enough of you :)