Brother lectured me about not sleeping around?

Hey so I'm a 20 year old girl and I have a twin brother who I'm extremely close too. My brother was going to the store and asked if I needed anything. I asked him to pick me up some condoms since I'm working on a project for my college summer class and I'm sleeping with the guy so he'll do the entire project.

My brother sat me down and gave me a lecture say how I should respect myself. He said how I had a reputation of being "easy" in high school and that I'm even worse at college. He said he's tired of guys in his frat and other frats saying they've slept with me. He said how I'm the smartest and sweetest girl ever and that I should show that side of me more often. I'll admit I have slept with around 50 guys but I think my brother didn't need to saying anything to me. Was my twin brother out of line telling me I should stop sleeping around?

Most Helpful Guy

• The guy is taking it tough from the guys he knows because of your actions. He has every right to tell you that you are out of line. Plus, he cares about you, apparently more than you do yourself.

And sleeping with a guy in return for his doing your share of the project is a form of prostitution. Add that to the reputation you are making for yourself.

• I wouldn't go that far. I told him I'd sleep with him if he did the whole project and he did. He said he had fun doing the project so I'm glad I let him do it all since he enjoyed working on it

• Thank you for MHO :-)

What Guys Said 7

• Sleeping with a guy just so he'll do your school work for you is pretty messed up. I don't blame your brother for wanting his sister to have some integrity.

• He was concerned for you.
    There is nothing wrong with having a little fun, but sex can have serious consequences, and he was just trying to keep you healthy.

• If I were your brother I'd probably disown you. Do you have any idea how much shit he has to take from his mates and other guys because of how you are behaving? I don't know if you have any standards or even a pinch of self worth left, but I ask that you at least for your brothers sake stop being a slut.

• You have disgraced your twin and should be ashamed.

• How have I disgraced him? If he's slept with 50 women everyone would be high-5ing him.

• It says a lot for his character that he does not disrespect the women just to throw it in the faces of their brothers. You are making yourself look worse than the number of guys that you are sleeping with as well as selling yourself for the project.

• These girls are in my sorority and will sleep with a guy for buying them dinner. It's not my problem if he doesn't want to get laid by buying girls dinner. He buys them dinner, he'll get laid then he can tell his friends he's sleeping with their sister

• it's not his business.

• Yes. You obviously have no respect for yourself.

• you slept with 50 guys? Shit!!

And are you sleeping with the guy just so he will do your entire project? your thoughts are disgusting...

I think your twin brother in right to lecture you... cause obviously you have no respect for yourself and you are seem very easy...

You are not a girlfriend material and I am sure no guy will ever take you seriously or even think of making you his girlfriend or consider you for a serious wife material... because of the fact that you slept with so many guys... seriously that is slutty...

And also you have no respect for your brother... Shame on you.. You don't understand or care why he lectured you.. or what he must be feeling when guys must be saying at his face how his sister is a easy whore and laughing at him for that...

• I tell my brother to sleep with their sisters but be doesn't... so it's his fault for not getting even. I'm sure I'll meet a guy who respects me enough to look past my past

• So you are gonna lie? You are just proving even more how disgusting your thoughts are...

If he likes your number then fine!! Good for you..

• I'm sure he'll lie to me about his number. Im just a dumb college girl who is used to being told my body is the only good thing about me. Sleeping around is just something I do, guys aren't interested in what I have to say, just what I'm like in bed

What Girls Said 7

• you have slept with 50 guys.. and he is the one out of line? you are out of your fucking mind.. you have lost respect and brain with too much sex..

• C'mon! Don't hold back. tell her what you really think. lol :-)

• @Red_Arrow
      He does like the material but since I'm dyslexic I take a long time to figure it out. If some of my professors get frustrated with my then why wouldn't this guy? Everyone tells me to just drop out so if I get an A people will get off my back. I would love to learn the material but having dyslexia makes it hard

• Patrick Demsey has dyslexia... i dont think he slept around to get an A.. this is a lame excuse... if you have this problem.. then ofcourse no one is expecting you to get an A+.. they will b happy with what you can achieve by yourself.. @asker

• No he cares for you and doesn't want you to be a slut to be honest. He knows if you continue down this path then no guy will take you seriously. He wants you to have some self-respect and he wants others to respect you

• No he is not out of line. He is trying to look out for you. Most people do not sleep with 50 people in a life time. You have probs embrassed him as well.

• OMG.. For once I am completely lost for words. smh

• I am marking this date in my calendar with red pen! SolitaireBond at a loss for words. I never thought that would happen. Plus your words are always so intelligent and interesting it is disappointing that you do not have some.

• Please, please, please will you at the very least start listening to this absolutely amazing, wonderful man @Red_Arrow .. He is extremely wise, very learned and has a wealth of life experiences.. Am so sure if anyone can help you get back on track, it will be him.. Please give him a chance.

• Solitaire, thank you but you place me on too high a pedestal. Really. Asker - Your teachers failed you. No one should have been allowed to laugh at you, and the school should have recognized your difficulty for what it was and gotten you some extra help. There are methods that help dyslexics, and those should have been provided you long ago. Right now you have dug a hole so deep for yourself in trying to cope that it will take time and a lot of effort to change things. Your reputation is your worst enemy now. It is easy for people to see that and always believe that is you. And it is easy to fall back on your old ways. I am not sure where you may go for help. If you have insurance, professional counseling would help. Otherwise, I believe that there are online and local groups for almost anything now. But where to start. Perhaps a group like sex addict anonymous would be a place to turn to first for further help. https://saa-recovery.org/

• It's not out of line to tell someone that you're concerned about them.

• Nope, he sounds like a good brother to me.

The most I got out of my adult brother when he realized I had a vagina was "ewww I don't care what you do, go away you're gross"... did I mention he's an adult?

• No offence but you're brother was embarrassed by you and your behaviour. He's telling you in a nicer way to stop being a slut. He's getting hassle over you.