I can't decide whether should I ask my crush out or no?

I've been hurt before and I don't want to go through it again although I know it's a possibility if I ask him out and he rejects me.
I've made a list of pros and cons about this and it doesn't help much. I've got his number but we haven't talked before like at all. He might like me back (there's a good chance of it) but I'm scared of the other possibility- that he might not like me back. I'm totally clueless about what to do.
Your advice would be much appreciated :)

Most Helpful Guy

• You take a risk either way. Nothing we do in life is without risk. Even walking out your front door is risky. So, if you're up to it, give it a go and see what happens. You may get rejected, but you may not. Isn't the chance at happiness worth it?

What Guys Said 3

• sinc chances r he likes u then i guss u should give it a try, and see how will it go... ain't nothing 2 lose at all

• Rejection will always be a possibility. Have this is mind and ask him out. It's better to do something, even if it goes wrong, than regretting later for something you could've done.

• Should you? Of course. Do you always have a chance at getting shot down? Yes. But, I'm sure it'll work out. If it doesn't, then he wasn't worth your time and tears, right?

What Girls Said 1

• Before you ask them out I'd say you should text/talk them more and get to know them, because what if he isn't the guy you are looking for

Ask them out because if you wait, it may never happen or they are too shy to ask you themselves. All its takes is 10 seconds of courage. If they reject you, yeah it's gonna hurt but I promise you it's not the end of the world. But you will never know until you try