Guys and texts? Cheating?

So there's this guy I met in College. He's really nice and all, but he's a player. He himself admitted that to me! He also told me about his past relationships (he never told anyone that), and the one who crushed his heart. Anyway, 2 weeks later we decided we were getting together, but then the other day I went out with one of his friends and that friend told me that he had gone on a double date with someone- yeah, I got caught up for a second and I had no response. I didn't text him that day, and neither did he. The other day I decided to ask him about how did it go (in a funny way) because I wanted him to know that I wasn't the type of girl he should be lying to. His response was just the following "She's great, funny, sexy and enthusiastic! I took her number and I will go out with her again". I told him "good luck with that" and his response was that he doesn't depend on luck with girls... About 30 minutes later I apologized because I finally realized that I shouldn't be embarrassing/ offending him in any way- and he responded with complete confidence saying that he wasn't embarrassed or offended. In the end I told him " You're a great friend, and I don't want to lose you Joe just so you know"- I didn't know why I said that, but I was being cheated up on and I thought what we had was real!!! Anyway, he read the message on whatsapp and replied 6 minutes later (he was still online during that time and I know he was on my chat). The next thing he wrote was "how can I ever be offended by you", so I sent him a heart and a kiss, and he said "my love".
The next day, he texted me saying "Jacqueline", and I didn't tell him I was flying to Paris that day (I'm half French half Egyptian), and he knew from snapchat. I wrote exactly that "Joee, sorry I didn't have access to the internet". He read that 2 days ago- and he did not respond up till now! He posts snaps with girls, and checks my snaps on the very last minute. What can I do? What does it mean? How can I d

What Guys Said 1

• Wow. This is just wrong on so many levels I'm not even sure where to start. He won't change his behavior, that's clear. This is an interesting predator. You don't see this too often in the wild. But if you stick with him, you're going to end up with a broken heart. I'd put Vegas odds on that.

• So do I completely ignore him, knowing that we have the same social circle? How to I treat him when I see him? We kind of get a little more physical than the rest of the people, and we greet each other with a kiss on the cheek (people don't do that in Egypt)

• Probably best if you do. If you can't, be civil and polite, but not romantic. As a professor, I'm somewhat familiar with Middle Eastern culture, so I know what you mean. But the meaning isn't the same. It's just seen as being polite. You'd be ok to do that or risk seen as being rude. But make it clear to him of your intentions. Something like "You need to choose. Me or someone else.". But I know this kind. He won't be pinned down that easily.

What Girls Said 0