Could you ever date a smoker?

• Ewww gross never.
  • Yes if they are respectful about it, smoke outside and away from me I would.
  • I would not mind if someone smokers around me.
  • Other, please explain.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 13

• deal breaker.

• Same for me to. Like I said before to another girl a woman can be super hot and I can be turned on by her and then goes into her handbag, pulls out a cigarette, lights it and starts smoking. Right at that point I am suddenly turned off her and think yuck gross.

• yeah I'm just instantly turned off by it as well.

• Cigarette smokers? No. Marijuana? Maybe. As long as he doesn't fit the lazy unmotivated stoner stereotype than it's fine.

• I could date a VERY light smoker (1/2 cigs a day), but I'd rather not. One of my close friends smokes and in school it was pretty annoying to go out with her in the breaks becasue she needed a cig. Not to mention, it was really cold and eating a banana as you smell smoke wasn't enjoyable..

• The biggest thing I hate as a non-smoker is smokers littering their butts all over the place. It is gross and disgusting and selfish.

• Yeah, it is. It's not like there aren't any bins with that extra thing on top for cigarettes. I don't know what they are called haha.

• Yes. I don't litter my candy wrapper if there is no bin, they should not litter their cigarette. Also cigarettes don't biodegrade they can take up to 15 years. I think the filter never biodegrades only breaks into a powder you can't see, fish and birds die after mistaking them from food, nasty chemical leak into the water ways plus many more I think. I cigarette butt can pollute up to 500 litres of water and with 4.8 trillion or something like that being littered very year in the world well...

• I'm allergic to smoke so it would be a HUGE no for me.

• I would not prefer. But if i like them we can find a solution for it.

• i wouldn't mind if theyre a smoker just as long as they have good hygiene... tobacco breath is not attractive.

• I saw a question from a girl the other day saying how her boyfriend smokes 2 packs a day and he smokes in the house, gets mad when he is asked to move outside and it is affecting her health or something like that.

• yeah thats bullshit... you dont want to make your partner a passive smoker because you're too selfish to leave the room... i just mean if its occasional, there's nothing wrong with it.

• I agree. Many people where telling her to dump the guy and I think she should to.

• nope.. i will not...

• I agree can't stand smokers. A woman can be the hot but then if she goes and reaches in her bag pulls out a cigarette and lights it she is a total turn off.

• yeah... it is... and kissing would b horrible..

• Yes, I have never kissed a smoker but from what people say I don't think I want to. I am a non-smoker don't want to fill my lungs with tar that is used to seal the road with. lol

• Eww nope...

• Nah it's gross. I'll give any potential love interest 30 days to quit smoking. Else I'll never kiss them. They smell gross.

• not a big fan so no

• No. It's gross and unhealthy.

• I agree I am totally turned off women that smoke, I guess you feel the same about guys that smoke?

• Yeah. It's like they don't care about themselves at all and that's a turn off.

• Yup.
    Kissing would taste gross though.

• Your a non-smoker?

• @CincinnatiRedsfan No.
      But I have had a friend who put his fingers in my mouth right after putting them in his mouth which tasted disgusting.
      Also sharing drinks you can taste and smell it.
      My friends who have dated smokers have had different experiences than yours.
      If someone drinks a lot of beer then kisses someone, you don't think the other person can tell?

• Directly after someone drinks beer, yes. But if they are generally a beer drinker and hadn't drank in awhile, no.

If someone JUST gets done smoking a cigarette, I can see that. But if someone is a smoker and hadn't smoked in a little while, I don't see what difference it would make.

I don't care about kissing anyway though lol.

• I smoke so I don't care if they smoke too or not. I'm cool with people smoking around me.

What Guys Said 17

• I voted "C", which is ironic since I've never smoked anything in my life.

Really, it doesn't bother me anymore because I've lived in a house full of smoker my entire life and it seems most people I meet or come across smoke too (around me as well.) I'm used to it. I've still never had any health issues (because second-hand smoking is a gross exaggeration in the first place) and I'm ok.

Smoking shouldn't be the deciding factor to date someone. If someone puts that as a reason to date someone, I think that's shallow and irrelevant (unless they have asthma but then again, the air pollution from smoke is bad enough.)

There, I gave a thorough answer and this is my 1,100th career "Opinion" here on GAG, will you please pick me for MHO as a celebration of my milestone?

• I did once and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I was surprised.

But she was French, and very hot, etc. There were a lot of factors that outweighed the drawbacks. And she never did it in front of me, which I appreciated.

So I guess I could do it again.

• Depends on what she smokes.

cigarettes I can tolerate but it wouldn't be pleasant.

drugs of any kind, no way in hell.

I could happily date a tobacco pipe/cigar smoker since I am one as well.

• I smoke so yea it would be more convenient for me because she won't be on my ass

• Yes sounds like it would suit you better if the girl was a smoker.

• Yes. I smoke weed, my girlfriend smokes weed. Its all good.

• Nope. It's a total deal breaker for me.

• No I wouldn't, a woman smoking is a turn off to me.

• It would be a problem, I just can't stand it and then tasting it while kissing would turn me off

• There has to be something really, REALLY special about a smoker for me to date her, because most of the time smoking is a deal breaker for me.

• If my girlfriend wants to smoke she can but sometimes the cigarette smell gets to me other than that smoke doesn't get to me so it's cool. just have controll over yourself and know when to be respectful with it

• I grew up with smokers so it wouldn't bother me to much

• not seriously, no

• Did it once, wouldn't do it again.

• It would be hard for me to.

• Dated one before and that is the last time I will. Kissing was horrible...

• Marijuana? Hashish? Yeah, but they better be sharing it.

Tobacco? Fuck no.

• Because if anyone dies he then not me and second I got respect from it also