Girls, Would you date someone with aspergers or social anxiety?

Or anything else that makes them involuntarily socially awkward.

• Yes I would
    81% (21)
  • No I wouldn't
    19% (5)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

8

Most Helpful Girl

• Um I would, I've dated a guy who's brother had both he was a really cool guy. I empathize with people who have these kinds of conditions and so on because I have severe anxiety disorder, ocd, panic disorder and memory processing disorder so someone who kinda gets me is who I'd be more likely to go for. The guy I like has severe social anxiety and PTSD from an abusive childhood. Disorders or disabilities don't stop me in relationships as long as the person is honest and loyal is all that matters.
    the daughter of a woman with severe anxiety and a father with PTSD from being in the military I've grown up being able to accept and see past these things. And my best mate has aspergers friends for 16 years x

What Girls Said 7

• Aspergers, no. That makes you unable to empathize and not understand sone normal social things.
    Social anxiety, maybe. Depends on how they are with me and if here brave enough to carry on a conversation with me so I can get to know hem and decide if I want to date them

• lol I have a crush on a shy guy who is a little bit socially awkward. But I always feel like shy people have a lot of interesting things about them to offer. I'm sure if you have good intentions, you are honest and you have some interesting hobbies, any girl will be open to getting to know you. After all, I was willing to try a little more to open up with my crush and it's been working out. I hope it works out for you as well! :)

• No because I have a little anxiety myself. For me, it's better to date someone more outgoing because it pulls me out of my shell a little bit

• Depends. I'm not the most comfortable with people myself, so I'll grant others a fair bit of leeway on awkwardness. If I'm comfortable with him and I don't feel like conversation is usually one-sided, I'm cool, but feeling uneasy around someone or like they ignore me or depend on my to do all the talking is a huge turn-off.

• But conditions like aspergers or social anxiety can cause those things to happen though.

• I know -I've got a fair number of friends and family members with various "social disorders". The thing is, for me, it's about the impression that someone gives off. I can't read minds, and I struggle with nonverbal cues, so if I get the sense that someone is uncomfortable around me, I clam up and become uncomfortable around them. In my mind, relationships -any kind, including friendships -require a balance of communication. Sitting there making agreeing noises or talking over someone all the time isn't communicating; it's being talked at -I don't like doing it to others, and I don't like having it done to me. Awkwardness and one-sided conversations happen sometimes, no matter what, but if that's most of my interaction with someone, it feels... off.

• No, I don't think so. I empathize with those people, but it would be too difficult to be in a relationship with them.

• So are such people doomed?

• Not at all, just because I couldn't handle dating someone like that, it doesn't mean other people can't.

• My sister's had severe anxiety her entire life and I've dealt with social anxiety so I most definitely would.

• It all depends really.