Why do girls expect guys to take the lead all the time?

I feel as guys we are expected to start everything like asking for dates or keeping the conversation going. Is it a societal expectation or is it more instinctive, like girls want a leader or something?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is the answer for why guys are called players when they sleep around. This is what going on in the dating world. Guys are responsible to ask the girls out, pay for the dates and protect her as much as he can. Where girls are supposed to be more picky (otherwise she's easy), girlish, modest, polite, etc... I hate all the double standards made by our society because I know it hardly changed.

• Thanks for the MHO! :)

What Girls Said 2

• It could possibly be instinctive since guys taking the lead lines up with our innate behaviour as animals and it also adheres to gender roles. Although, I think it's stupid. A relationship requires effort from both people lol

• That's what men are supposed to do.

What Guys Said 1

• Females are genitally inside' guys genitals are out... why do I say this because every since guys put female value on looks most or only' it let to sex' inwhich her sex organs are inside also parallel with you asking her' giving her the power or opportunity to except or reject you' you speaking more' her listening more etc etc etc. you excepted agency over her therefore excepting to be the beggar, spender, asker, provider, utility etc etc etc' either disassociate your self from being a tippical follower and or robot or be robot number countless and be disposed of and or relationship after relationship like all the older burn-outs that didn't learn a GODDAM THING. Still being thirsty, dusty, Hungry begging fools trying to protect their pride but forgot all about intelligents... or using all the muscles but the one that matters... THE BRAIN. It should be equal or nothing' equal everything or nothing' and if reciprocation cannot be comprehended then get the f' outta dodge.