I'm in love with my best friend but he has a girlfriend, what do I do?

So I am really in love with my best friend, but he has a girlfriend. He knows I like him and he said if she wasn't with him we would probably be dating. This is honestly killing me. It's so hard sometimes to be patient with this stuff. We hang out all the time , more than they do. I just don't know what else to do. The only thing left to do is wait for them to break up. She never tries to hang out with him and I pointed that out to him yesterday. Today he called me and said "I'm her first boyfriend she just doesn't know what to do" no that is so dumb! I really don't think that's why. She will never see him or love him like I do.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's ok to like him and even to have hope that they will break up eventually. But please don't be a selfish ass. Don't keep trying to ruin his relationship because that's not what best friends do. If you do that, he'll end up being mad with you and for a good reason.

Now my advice is: go live your life and let the two of them have their relationship in peace. Remain his friend and don't try to interfere in his happiness. Live and let live. And we'll see how it goes in the future. If one day he ends up with you,- that's good. If not - Oh well, we not always get what we want. Just don't dream too much to the point of forgetting to live the life you have.

Take care.

• That's what I have been doing. I support him. It's just hard sometimes

• I know, dear. Life is hard. But go have fun ok? Do things you like to, make plans for your life, go take a walk, watch a movie, listen to a song you like, go make a trip... Go live your life ;)

What Guys Said 4

• You can't do anything really. Just let them be for now and if things go awry with them, be there for him and that's where you go for him I guess

• He's not your friend. Get over this illusion.

• TELL HIM HOW YOU FEEL, Irrespective of the outcome. He deserves to know that, I can understand, you already mentioned 'he knows' that you like him and he has told that if he was not together with anyone he would be with you, but I think you are just obsessing over him and haven't told him exactly how you feel.

What Girls Said 3

• Sadly you need to back off, give them space, and move on yourself.. And am truly sorry that this sounds so harsh, but am sure you know am right.

• Dont try to break them apart just because you think you should be with him.

• Leave them alone, back way off and find someone that is available. Imagine what it'd be like if your boyfriend was being stolen away by some other girl. For god sake remember GIRL CODE!!