Is this a symptom of bipolar?

I am dating this guy and at first it was perfect. Now all he does is complain about everything. He is bitter about work and about life in general. He complains it's because of the dull weather. He has been diagnosed as bipolar. I just don't know if he is bitter or going through mania. I'm honestly thinking about breaking up with him.

I can't stand the negativity! He only works full time like 3 months of the year and he complains all of the time.

Most Helpful Girl

• omgggg are you for real? same thing just happened. he's so annoyed always and he even called me and needy and we ended up fighting. and finally now he broke up with me saying he's not ready for a relationship. girl do yourself a favor and drop him like its hot so you have the upperhand and dont have to cry like how i am crying right now:(

What Guys Said 4

• There are people that get a sort of depression from bad weather. It is very possible. I'd give him a bit longer and if he doesn't shape up, say goodbye

• You should break up with him. You can be sympathetic, but you don't owe him your time, and you can't fix it. He has to do that. He's not ready for a relationship right now.

• Bipolar is usually some sort of fluctuation between mania (hyperactive, doesn't sleep, talks a lot, grand plans) and depression.

• What you described could be depression. Mania isn't usually associated with complaining, it's quite the opposite.

• I heard people sometimes become irritable while manic.

• Maybe.. either way bipolar people are very difficult to have relationships with. You're 25-29 unless you have kids it's fair game to break up. I know it seems like a shitty reason to end it but you really have to think about yourself. Don't feel bad about ending the relationship.

What Girls Said 1