I only hang out with the guy that likes me because I like his friend?

This probably makes me a terrible person. What do I do?

So is hanging out with them still leading him on? I don't flirt with the guy that likes me. When he flirts with me I just kinda smile a little and act like whatever and don't flirt back. I just take him up on offers to hang out with him and his friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• Please, as soon as possible, change things. Your conscience is telling you something is wrong, and that's always a very good thing--listen to it right away. Don't delay--just tell the guy you like his friend, and work up the courage to actually put yourself out there and pursue the friend. It will hurt him, possibly scar him, if you continue to lead him on. You're not a terrible person if you can gather up the courage to do what's right. When you do good, you open the door for yourself to receive just as much good in your life as well. Best of luck.

• Thanks this helps. I have no desire to hurt this guy so I do want to do the right thing hopefully without having to give up on the guy I do like.

• ...his friendship still, then tell him that as well.

If you're with both of them regularly, it makes things complicated. You're not flirting with the guy you like, but you are with the one you don't like? If so, you really have to approach both of them separately. Now it's unpredictable how things will turn out among everyone involved, but doing the right thing is always best, no matter how painful. Bet on the chance it'll turn out well. Best of luck.

• No I don't flirt with either of them. but ya, I only hang out with them both together. I try to stay closer to the one I like such as sitting next to him and engaging him in conversation but I try not to be obvious because I'm shy about it. an example is that the three of us are going to go to the movies this week and the guy that likes me invited me saying do you want to go with both of us. So I said sure. So what I would do there is sit next to the guy I like at the movie.

What Guys Said 6

• This is not going to turn out well. Not for you, but for the guy that likes you. It doesn't make you a terrible person, but it does make it look like you are just using the guy... and you are. You have to tell him that you like his friend. This guy is going around thinking that you must really like him. All that is going to happen is that you are going to make him look like a fool. And, if I was his friend I wouldn't want anything to do you because you're playing my boy. Just come clean.

• I know... I don't flirt with either of them though. When the one that likes me says hey do you want to come hang out with me and my friend (the one I do like) I say sure. That's it. I don't tease him I stay physically seperated from him so I'm not necessarily leading him on hard core...

• You have to tell him you like his friend, even if you make it indirect... just say like, he's cute I like him... Otherwise you really are just leading him on.There's not much other choices I guess.

• LOL what a bitch, that poor bastard thinks he will get somewhere with you, and you only like his friend, oh typical typical woman.

• Tell the truth to the guy but make sure things go steadily.Since you are ON to his friend.

Thnx

• That is really rude. You should reconsider your values. If I was the guy you liked this would be a total deal breaker.

• What else am I supposed to do? Tell me what you would do if a girl liked you but you liked her friend, how would you go about it? because I'm open to suggestions.

• You say you like him and his friend likes you. You use his friend to get through to him? Pretty much, I would say if you can't even be honest about your feelings with someone it is going to be really difficult to have a relationship with them. Plus if you screw things up between you and his friend, it is going to make you look bad. You screwed up. Better luck next time, learn to be more honest too.

• Hang out with the guy you like. Not his friend.

What Girls Said 6

• if you're leading him on that's bad. if you're just friends for real, that's good.

• you should stop doing that it is wrong...you need to let him know your not interested in him...find away to hang out with the guy you like witout leading someone else on

• but soon ur going to tell him that you don't like him or his freind mit think ur with the guy whos inviting u

• haha been there!

• stop hanging out with him!

i get it that your not a bad person because we all have been there but I know that guys hate it when girls play them and no offense, but when he finds out he will think your the biggest bitch

source: experience

u can also just tell him that you guys are friends and only friends befor he thinks other wise

hope I helped:]

• you need to tell the both the guys what's going on. you need to tell the guy that likes you that you don't like him the way he likes you, that way maybe he'll get the hint to kinda back off. and then start talking to his friend more. that way it wasn't AS obvious that you were using him for his friend.