My boyfriend doesn't pay?

So, I know there's a lot of controversy today over whether or not guys should pay for the girl when it comes to dinner, movies, typical dates in general. However, I believe that the women should have no problems when it comes to covering the paycheck as well, but I've grown up being taught that if the guy asks the woman out, he should definitely pay. My problem is, a few weeks ago my boyfriend and I went to In and Out Burger. He had told me before not to bring money after I had told him that I could pay for myself. I brought money anyway. So after our meal he asks "Are we going to split the check?" I was confused but naturally I agreed. He continued by saying "I only brought enough for me." After I made the comment, he still asks to take me out but he doesn't pay for me anymore. Guys, don't call me an ungrateful bitch because I do pay for him as well, but it would be nice to also be paid for sometimes. Ladies, do you know where I'm coming from?

Most Helpful Guy

• i believe every1 should pay their own, no matter who asked who... fair n squre isn't it?

What Guys Said 3

• You should have said no you told me not to bring anything and left him to do the dishes as payment lol.

• I get where you are coming from. As a lady of course.

• If the guy asks he girl out? Well it is 2015, girls are now able to ask guys out

What Girls Said 3

• It should be halved. If you can't pay for your own way then just say no.

• you are prop coming from the netherlands, haha no just joking, yes I totally understand you. just 50/50 everytime, makes it easy

• I have been paying for my boyfriend for almost five years now BUT I am also more well off financially than he is. His job pretty much uses him as a "bitch boy" who does all the shit no one else wants to do and they don't appreciate him at all so he's getting minimum wage. Where as I am a supervisor and make $9 more an hour than him.
    Granted, we now live together and despite his feelings of "uselessness" (where he hates himself for not being able to do nice things for me), I have made us a joint bank account. My money is his money. I don't mind it. If anything, I like it because I can help him. So we "split" bills, even though its mostly my money and he pays for dinner sometimes now since we have gotten the joint account. It makes him feel better about himself which makes me glow with happiness!
    But I also grew up realizing that money doesn't keep you warm at night. So if I can help him out and make him smile than its all worth it to me.