How to attract a girl?

I am by no means a very attractive guy. That being said I am no "Sloth" from the Goonies either. I'm just your average run of the mill guy. The past couple years I've had a couple opportunities as far as the dating scene goes, however long story short nothing has really worked out for one reason or another, which are usually beyond my control. Obviously I'm still single. I'd be lying if I said this doesn't bother me as I am the type of person who loves to see people happy and selfishly, for once, I would like to be as happy as my friends. The only problems are; a. in a day and age where the hookup culture is a norm. I value friendships and relationships, b. I have a quiet and somewhat shy personality until I get to know you, and c. I have high expectations. Now A is never going to change. That's just the way it is. I've been working on B and while I have become more confident and outgoing it's just not who I am and finally with C I've been trying to lower my standards but that's a hard thing to do. We all find certain people attractive and it isn't easy to admit that we simply aren't good enough for them. So I guess what trying to ask is: Is there any advice you can give me? I want to find/attract the right girl who shares the same values as me and who is drop dead gorgeous but I don't want to have to change who I am completely... I've started to dress nicer and just be more true to who I am as a person and tell myself that someone will come along. Is there really anything else I can do to help my chances and finally be happy.

I am open to any and all suggestions/criticism.

Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• Girls secretly like shy guys.. It's just that we find it very difficult to approach you and start a conversation with you guys.. I used to be a very shy person.. and I didn't like it at all.. so I red some articals online to improve my social skills and now I'm a whole new person !!

• Be a genuinely nice guy, but don't let yourself slip into the friend zone: be appealing. Always search for an opportunity to flirt - even if not directly, find a way to make her think.

What Guys Said 1

• Quickest way to attract girls is too just be fun, be someone she is comfortable around. Give it time, being single is way better than being with the wrong person