Once a cheater always a cheater?

Do you believe this? Would you date someone who has cheated before?

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally yes. Its about selfishness, and selfishness is a hard quality to change. If someone didn't care enough about honor and decency in the past, why should they now.

• If your morals allowed you to do such a thing once, the tendency will always be there to do it again. But I guess there are some exceptions..

• Also for the second question ; no but some exceptions apply. I value faithfulness and loyalty in a guy. But several people cheat at least once in their life. I'd rather him have meaningless sex than have an emotional affair with another lady.

What Girls Said 6

• Once a cheater always a cheater. I abide by that rule. No chances if you've messed up before. Sorry.

• Well, it certainly would give me pause. I think people can change but I don't know how often that happens.

• For some people I believe this is absolutely true, but I don't believe it's that black and white. It depends on the individual entirely.

• I believe this.

• when my man and i started dating he cheated on me then i found out after 6 months and since then he hasn't ever cheat on me since i came up with a game and he really begged me for his forgivness so yeah i dont think thats 100 true

• I would have hard time trusting him. I cannot date a cheater. But, in some cases they do change.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think if someone cheats that they are garanteed to cheat again. However I do think that once you cross that line it becomes increasingly easier to cross each time you cross it.

So if they've cheated once I could see myself overlooking it, however if it was 3 or more that's a paternity and I don't think I'd trust them. Also part of it is if they seem genuinely remorseful. I wouldn't date someone who used the "I was drunk" or "it was an accident" excuses.

• In many circumstances yes, not all but more often than not they'll do
    It again, and no I would never willingly or knowingly date someone who cheated before.

• Not always because people can change, but for the most part, that is true

• Not ever in ma life. The temptation will always be there 😔