Is a girl with a boyfriend of limits?

A friend of mine and I were discussing on the bus about whether or not a guy should go for a girl that has a boyfriend.

Personally I feel that if a girl has a boyfriend than you should respect the effort the guy put in to get her and not try to ruin it for him and the girl.

My friend however believes that given the opportunity to go out with a better guy (he meant himself) that a girl would always take it since it, to get a better relationship.

What do you guys and girls think?

• Yes a girl with a boyfriend means she is of limits and that you should pursue a different single girl.
  • No if a guy can get her to like him and leave her current boyfriend for him it's fine

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, if the girl is not interested in her boyfriend then she should probably leave him. I personally feel that a guy shouldn't be bothered to get a girl if she already has a boyfriend.

Most Helpful Guy

• Option 'A', and that goes for girls pursuing boys who have girlfriends as well (though, in fairness, guys are still typically expected to make the first move).

It's not about ruining the effort one or the other of them put in, it's simply a matter of respecting their relationship. You wouldn't hit on someone wearing a wedding ring.

What Girls Said 1

• He sounds like a future cheater. If a person doesn't respect your previous relationship, how could you expect them to respect a relationship WITH you?

What Guys Said 3

• Your friend is digging himself an early grave

• I agree with your friend. But, it has to be objective.

• yes in my eyes she is