What does it means if he wants to take things slow?

Is that mean he's not that into me or he's being a gentleman? He told me that relationship that move too quickly always crash and burn. This happen to his previous exes. I know he likes me because he said so but he also told me that we should just hang out as friends and get to know each other before he start dating me. When we did hang out, it felt like a date, he'll come and pick me up, pay for dinner and being a gentleman. I feel that he respect me. He never try to kiss me (except for my cheek) or even touch me. In fact, I think I make him nervous. We don't hang out a lot, so far twice in 3 months but he does work next door so we see each other every now and then. We don't text everyday, maybe once a week or sometime once in every 2 weeks. What do you think? Not so into me? Or he's really taking things slow because he really likes me?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think he likes you romantically. I believe you have been friendzoned

• I'm pretty sure I wasn't friend zone. He insisted on waiting for me after work on my birthday just so that he can take me out for dinner and drinks. He also said he thinks about me and misses me. Friends don't do that.

• Yes friends most certainly do

• Let me step in here and add my 2 cents... and yes you'll need to make change for me too. Friends do say they miss one another, he'll I have friends I miss too. He might be saying this because he has learned a thing or 2 from previous endevours. But at the current moment you are friendzoned, he's very hesitant of taking the relationship to the next level because he might not see you in that light. Only time will tell I guess.

What Guys Said 1

• Means just go with the flow... don't smother.

What Girls Said 3

• He's into you and truly wants to take things slow. He told you that he wants to take things slow. And he gave you the reason of why he wants it to be slow. If you truly like him, give him the time to get to know you. Go with the pace of how he wants your relationship to grow.

• He really likes you and respects you. Taking things slow and getting to know each other is a good thing. I think he's a really good catch! :)

• The men I date are always relentless.
    I have no other real gauge.