How do I tell my boyfriend I don't want to have sex?

Things sometimes get a little heated between him and me. I told him at the beginning of our relationship that I don't want to have sex and save myself for marriage. I love him, but I want to wait. What do I do? What do I say to him to let him know? I'm scared that things might get awkward between us, because I really do love him and I don't want to lose him!

Most Helpful Girl

• just tell him same as you said in the beginning that you have not changed your mind and dont intend to. you already told him so itd be pretty shitty of him to act like he doesn't know. its manipulative. and if you have to lose him you have to lose him. dignity is more important.,

i dont mean having sex steals your dignity i mean you should be with someone who respects you.

are you interested in any kind of sexual activity but not intercourse or nothing at all? like hj dry humping oral touching etc? bc that should be enough if he's into you and you're saving it till marriage.

What Guys Said 6

• Just tell him that you really love him, but you want him to respect your decision to save sex for marriage. You have to be more assertive and serious about it for him to listen to you, but if he still doesn't respect you decision, then he doesn't respect you very much.

• "Boyfriend"
    "Yeah?"
    "I don't want to have sex before marriage."
    "Oh. K."

And then he will plot into the hours of the night to cause you to change your mind, which you will, and then after a short internal debate with yourself (and plenty of SEXUAL PLEASURE!) you'll be fine.

• you really just gotta tell him straight, if he doesn't like it then too bad he's gotta deal with it or he just isn't the right guy for you

• By just telling him that you want to wait, he should understand.
    And can't you do the foreplay, but just without intercourse? That might work?

• Just tell him straight and let the guy go enjoy his life with another girl.

• Just tell him straight up. Gotta be honest about these kind of things.

What Girls Said 1

• If he loves you he'll respect your decision. if he doesn't then his probably not the guy for you.
    Guys at ages 16-19 won't wanna wait (most of the time) because the feel the need to get rid of sperm ( my biology teacher told me that so I'm not sure)

Bring up the topic and ask him when he wants to do it. then you tell him you'd like to wait until you're ready, don't tell him when you're ready though