When you drink to forget someone does it mean you really have feelings for them?

I dont know, Im curious, why do people get heavily drunk when trying to forget someone? Does it mean they really love them?

(I have never drank in my life lol)

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how I feel , but I never drinking when I am, feeling upset or anger or mad.
    I just kind of feel down and like lost after that , sometimes I think. I was so close , then I think he doesn't feel the same way I feel about him. oh sad , but still want to be with him. my mind just goes back in fourth for awhile , it usually takes me a, week and half and maybe longer to get over how hurt I was. I never took to drink wine or beer to feel good about myself. then after that week , well we had some good , it was fun well it last etc. That's what goes through my head , when I want to forget about those guys I want to be with. some of my ex crushes, don't talk to me and the other ex crusher Ben he still talks to me. it was hard that one took longer to get over him. don't know why. but I cried a lot.

What Guys Said 2

• Everyone's different. I'm not a big drinker (a little alcohol makes Scott a really fun, loopy person), so I probably wouldn't choose that route to forget someone. Addiction is addiction, though. Too much of anything is a bad thing. I try to think of it as I'm not forgetting someone, I'm cementing the happy memories we had together and adding it to my crystal I like to look at now and then.

• I think so. But maybe the feelings aren't always good, they can be feelings of hate, for example.

What Girls Said 1

• Usually yes.