Girls, what do you mean by "guy taking care of me" ?

I'm completely clueless when girls says that they want a boyfriend to take care of them, doesn't it mean that the guy just need to be kind, nice and helpful towards her? am I missing something here? If so just tell me as I'm inexperienced in the field of dating.

#Thanks/girls/woman

12

Most Helpful Girl

• She means she wants a guy who could provide for her, make her feel special, appreciate her, and make her feel wanted. So, you are correct in a sense, but to be accurate. I hope this helps!

What Girls Said 11

• For me, it would mean support. Like emotionally, when shit happens or when there are changes going on in your life and it's kinda freaking you out or making you excited. Just being there especially through rough times.

• What we mean is we want some one, who doesn't completely take care of us. But someone who will support us when we are going through a rough patch in life, give us motivation when we need it most, encourage us to be better, help us when we need it. Not foot the bill of everything because of course we will help out. But a nice dinner, purse, or jewelry is nice every once in a while :p

• Hi there! :)
    So, basically for me, what that means is:
    • express the man role model so protect her, show her that you love her
    • maybe pay for some dates, not all of them cause I believe that couples should split who pays

... that's about it? Lol

• Now what does it mean when woman says she wants to be protected? The only thing which comes into my mind is she wants to be protected from physical damage from someone? Sorry but I'm really bad with women 😂 😂

• Lol yeah, like stand up for her :) and comfort her when she's scared

• It depends on the person saying it. I know people who use it the same way you do -supportive and caring -but also some who mean they want a guy to... well, literally take care of them -often financially.

• For me that means I want him to be there if I need him and to worry if I'm ok. If you're nice kind and helpful that should be more than enough.

• treat her well and support her

• I'd never want a guy to take care of me so I don't know. I can take care of myself and I'll make my own money

• when I say that I mean exactly what you put about being kind nice helpful and HONEST but I know some girls mean financially also

• It means that when she is hurting, she wants you to be there with open arms to hold her tight. That when she's sick, you'll make sure she gets better and do what she asks. She wants you to be there for her during her best and worst times..

• Well, it sounds soo simple but if it really was like this everyone would be in a relationship. I just don't understand that "guys" can't provide such a simple thing for a woman they love.

• I would want my boyfriend to be kind, reassuring, put his arms round me when in a crowded place haha

• They probably expect the man to pay for them. It is a code some women use.