Why is it that my own boyfriend doesn't wanna be seen w. Me? 😒😔😢?

i have a boyfriend that confessed to me that he doesn't want to be seen w. Me in public & doesn't claim me as a girlfriend when his friends asks who i am because he's embarrassed of me. But i dont get it , he always tell me that im sexy & that i look good so why would he not want to be seen w. Me, wouldn't that right there give him confidence to be proud of me/show me off? Also i dont get how he could be embarassed to be w. Me if he has pretty girl as a girlfriend & one who cares & takes pride in her appearance. Why it bothers me so much in particilar is because i see a whole bunch of couples everyday & the guy is cute or decent looking & the girl looks bad like nasty looking yet they kiss & act all affectionate in public which shows the guy is proud of his girlfriend but my own boyfriend who actually has a good looking girlfriend is ashamed & would barely even acknowledge me in public. Why is that? sorry for long story by the way.

Most Helpful Guy

• The reason does not matter. the only thing that matters is that he is a douche. Dump him now. right away. Lots of guys out there for you that will treat you well.

What Guys Said 4

• What the hell? You deserve better than this. It seems like he's embarrassed to be seen in you in public or something

• I pretty much agree and second what everyone here says. Regardless of what his reasons are, the fact that he's embarrassed by you and won't even admit to his friends the relationship you too have is pretty disrespectful to you.

• He is an asshole that's why. You deserve someone much better than him, don't let him treat you like that.

• Because you're too sexy? (That was a joke) I don't know why he would do that, maybe you should confront him about it and explain your feelings and how it's affecting you and to ask him what he honestly thinks of you and why he would want to hide you

What Girls Said 6

• As wise as an owl that I believe that I am, @watdatmouthdothoo I believe he is Not Ready Nor Raring just Yet to have to Explain you Both as a "Couple" that you may be in Private.
    If you are Exclusive and Official that is is fine and good. Give him time down the fine love line and see what happens further this year, dear. He may need a bit more Time to get used to you both being as these two birds of a feather before he can put you under his own wing thing for everyone to squeal and squawk about.
    However, if you are just this "Good time girl" to him and nothing More in Store, you certainly would deserve better.
    Good luck. xx

• if he acts like that around his friends, then it's not an act. if y'all are having sex, then that could be the reason he's dating you. just to get some. if he really cared about you and thought you were sexy and all that, then he would show you off to his friends! every chance he got. and if he's denying you as a girlfriend, then that's even more reason to believe that he just wants someone to hook up with. tell him how you feel and ask him why he does those things. I'm sure you're an azming girl. tell him if he doesn't step it up, then you'll be out the door!

• in my opinion I would dump him honey... A guy should be proud of his lady even if she does wear sweatpants or says she looks like crap. I mean you say you dress nice every day and you know you're good looking. A man should take pride in his lady no matter what. I honestly would ask him see whats going through his little head, and if its an excuse or a bullshit answer id drop him cause you deserve better than that. But its up to you babe ^.^ Good luck!

• Don't be with a guy who is embarrassed of you. I'm sure lots of guys would be proud to be with you. Leave him.

• I don't know some guys can be real assholes and if your boyfriend is too embarrassed than maybe you should reconsider why you are with him in the 1st place... than again its your decision

• that's so messed up girl.