Need help asap?

Okay, so I broke up with my boyfriend after we were together for 3 months.. We we're fine and talked friendly toward each other but he was sad and shocked. He partied with his friends and had fun. 2-3 days later we talked abd agreed on being on a break instead of completely broken up. I asked if he hooked up with anyone he said no, but an hour later admitted that he did.. I was sad about it, but he said he did it cause he was sad and mad. Then I told him I'd rather us not hook up with people during this break and he said he technically is allowed to.. Is this weird? He wants to hook up with people while we're on break.. If he really loved me he wouldn't be able to even kiss another girl? Am i over reacting? All i know is i can't picture myself even kissing another guy, I don't know how he'd be able...

• Overreacting, he should hookup
  • NO! you're right

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, let me quantify my vote. You're not exclusive. To him, that opens the playing field. You can't have it both ways. You're in or you're out. I know it probably doesn't make sense, but I can understand his point of view. I'm not saying it's right or I'd do it, but I see where he's coming from. I couldn't do it, personally, but that's me.

What Guys Said 2

• You told him you were done. He didn't owe you anything and you don't have the right to be mad. Now why would you want to get back with him if it was to be on break? It's like someone who wants to start smoking and is easing it in with nicotine patches. It makes no sense. Break up, let him do his stuff, do your own stuff, think about it and if later you want to get back together, then do it for real.

• Being on a temporary break is just a way to ease into a permanent breakup.

What Girls Said 3

• If you feel that he shouldn't hook up during the break and he disagrees and acts negatively about it then that is his choice and mistake. you're not overreacting! On a break you expect the other person to focus on you and making the relationship gradually work. He shouldn't be wanting to see others if he's serious about making it work in my opinion. But if he can't respect this one wish then that is a one big negativity..

• You broke up = hookups OK
    You want a "break" = hookups OK
    If you want hookups NOT OK, then you must get back together with him

In order to have all things your way (= not the loving way)
    then invent another word that means "break" + "no hookups for BOTH parties"
    (while you go shopping for his replacement)

• For how long have you decided to be on a break? If you can't handle it, I think you should break up for good.