Why do most people only want a relationship if it's physical?

So I mean this may sound full of myself or whatever, but like I don't have a problem getting a date or anything like that and we will go out and have a great time, but then they find out that I take intimacy a bit more seriously and am not the type to quick jump into a sexual/physical relationship till I've been with them a while. When they find this out they usually jump ship and I don't hear from them again. I don't know it's a bit disheartening and I don't understand it...

Most Helpful Guy

• Lots of people just want sex right away. Unfortunately for them you don't want that. Props to you for sticking to your guns.

What Guys Said 4

• I've had a lot if the same experiences. I think its a lot of the way hookup culture is glamorized in the media. I would much rather be with one woman I really loved than 100 I dont care about. Unfortunately, that seems to be the minority opinion, especially among younger people.

I guess keep trying and remember that there are thise of us out there that do want real relationships. Try going for older guys, they are much more likely to be mature and be willingvto settle down.

Another poster said something about, guys that only want a physical relationship being "more confident" this is not true it only appears so. They have no nervousness so they apoear confident, but the reason they are not nervous at all is that they simply DO NOT CARE about you or if the relationship works out, so they never worry and get nervous about it, and they SEEM confident, but really its just apathy.

• There will always be guys who's ulterior motive is to just get physical and there's nothing really you can do with that and hence why most people goes to countless relationship or dates to find that one very special person for that that will be to their liking, settle down, or have the relationship they want in the first place. All you can do is move on from that relationship to another

• I've found that guys who are more confident or bold are more interested in just sex than a relationship. Again that's just from what I've seen.

• Yes, that's true. But even the guys who are more quiet and shy/timid do this. I actually tend to go for the more quiet, awkward, shy fellow. But they become comfortable shortly after especially when it's just one on one and they usually end up doing the exact same thing.

• Hmm I'm sorry to hear that. I think you've just had bad luck then with finding a guy that wants a relationship.

• Shy or confident, men want sex and if they don't see any sex common their way in any foreseeable future, then why bother... only religious men like me, who don't believe in sex before marriage, seem to willing to invest in a relationship without any foreseeable physical relationship.

Why should they, when so many other girls are willing to offer so much more than you?

Remember the key motivator for men is sex, always keep that in mind.

• because they are young and silly

What Girls Said 0