Do nice guys really finish last?

If I keep on treating girls right will I always end up losing them to other guys who don't?

Most Helpful Guy

• It isn't politically correct to say it, but yes they do finish last. There are even studies that show it is true. www.newsweek.com/study-finds-men-nice-women-not-other-way-around-261269

People aren't sure why women don't like nice guys. There are some theories as to why they don't like nice guys, but we know they don't like nice guys. Women do however think they like nice guys. The thing is that when a woman is really attracted to a guy, she will make excuses for all of his bad behavior. That is why so many abused women will still think their men are sweethearts.

What Girls Said 5

• No. Everyone is different and not looking for the same thing, so being nice the same way to one girl might not be so nice to another or could b but she might just be looking for something else a different kind of nice

You could give me a try, I just want a nice guy :(

• #generalisation144 - so sick of that statement. no it isn't true. it's just an excuse men made up to feel sorry for themselves cuz they can't get some.

• Not in my books, no.

• nope. I would never stick around with a guy who is a jerk. And when a guy is actually nice it is a huge turn on

• The problem with this metaphor is that it's kind of incomplete; if dating to find the one is a race, nice guys finish first, they just don't get as many pretty girl pit stops to boost morale.

... yeah, I've been told I'm wonderful with metaphors.

• The OP is actually saying: Nice guys don't get pretty girl pit stops and looses morale as a consequence

However like @Rose905 said, everyone is different and being nice in one way to a girl might not be so nice to another.

What Guys Said 8

• It's a generalization, sterotype as @justbanannaz stated, I am a nice guy a gentleman and I've never finished last, every girl I've ever set out to be with I've gotten -shrugs-

• In a nutshell, yes. But the problem is that it's a reductionist statement. There's a distinction to be made between being courteous and kind, and simping yourself out. Women are not interested in men who simp themselves out.

I'm guessing you are being raised by a single mother.

• If you put women on pedestals, you'll be treated bad.

If you act like a doormat, you'll be treated bad.

Unfortunately what is said about 'Nice guys' is 100% true.

If you treat all women the same, you'll see different results.

• For the love of god stop asking this question. There's so such thing as searching for questions that have already been asked.

• Whahahah no. Only self proclaimed nice guys do

• Yes cause the mean guy will kick his @&$.

• What if the nice guy knows how to fight? haha

• That would be funny I hope the nice guy wins.

• Lol I'm a nice guy and I've trained for a decade in martial arts both hand to hand and weapons lol -shrugs-

• Lol, many girls want raough man not a jeark. don't show your emotions in the beginning, act like a manly person. Don't be kind and so nice to them just be casual.

• This question is fucking excellent, it should be featured!! lol