What do you think about waiting until marriage to have sex? And would you be willing to be with someone who wants to wait?

• Sex before marriage
  • I won't wait
  • I would have a relationship with them
  • Nope

Most Helpful Girl

• I think waiting for marriage is best. Once you're married, you're with your partner for life. There's nothing to hide, nothing to regret (as far as intimacy) and you have made a serious commitment to each other. As a Christian, I believe staying pure for marriage is important. By pure, I mean no sex until after you're married. Plus, you don't have to worry so much about having a child. Since you're married, taking care of a child together will be so much easier than it would if you weren't married.

That being said, I would gladly be in a relationship with someone that is saving themself for marriage. I'd prefer someone waiting for marriage.

What Guys Said 24

• Waiting for marriage to have sex is stupid:

1.) Guy's dick won't get harder as he ages. So say you've been waiting for some 5 years to get married (you know, because you wanted an awesomely expensive wedding and stuff). And then you had sex. And you loved it.
    Congratulations, you were an idiot that lost 5 years of your sex life! Yes, that's right: your boyfriend is aging and after few years his cock won't be up 9000 times a day, plus he'll lose interest in sex over time. Good job!
    2.) Say you've been waiting for 5 years to get married. And then you did it. And then you had sex. And for whatever reason it turns out you don't like each other in bed!
    Hey, congratulations even more! You just wasted 5 years of your sex life, plus now you're either going to cheat or you're going to life in sexually unsatisfying marriage for the rest of your life. Unless you divorce. And then spend some more years trying to get a man and to get married.

Did I forgot to mention you age as well?

• I, would like to have sex before marriage but with the girl with whom I can see her marring me one day...
    I don't wanna sleep around... but ends have sex for sure

• "What do you think about waiting until marriage to have sex?" I'm all for it, I respect that and I agree with this decision, and I'm only interested to have sex with my future wife so I'm choosing this path in life too.

"would you be willing to be with someone who wants to wait?" If you mean a relationship just for fun or just for the heck of it then no because I'm not interested in relationships before marriage either, with or without sex it doesn't matter because marriage is the only relationship that is worth my time. but girls who want to wait for marriage are the only type of girls that I'm interested into, I would never ever ever marry a girl who is not virgin and I think it's fair enough because I'm virgin myself and I don't want to have sexy outside marriage so I think I'm not asking too much if I wanted a girl who is a virgin and who doesn't want to have sex outside marriage.

• No. If my girlfriend doesn't want sex until marriage, it's over. I don't intend on getting married within just a few months, and I don't want to date her for years without any chance of sex.

I think sex is very important in a relationship. I know that some people disagree, but it's just how I feel.

• I would only date someone that wants to wait until marriage!

• I'm okay if that's what she wants to do, but I don't see the point in waiting once you're already fully committed and trust each other.

• I'm already behind on sexual things I'm getting kind of old I'm not going to wait for someone's marriage

• Wait for marriage to have sex is not a problem i have the same beliefs

• I am "late" with it already but if I met a girl who wants to wait I don't think that I would drop her. Sorta unfair of my part I think.

• I would be glad to meet such a person.

• It's an incredibly big draw for me and I actually try and aim for girls with that kind of viewpoint exactly, though consider me a rarity amongst most men.

• I just don't care. "I don't want to have sex" is fine with or without a reason, who gives a shit, I'll just date you anyway. It's not like the sex with her will be all that good anyway.

• Sex is not that important to me anyway, so I don't really care

• I don't plan on getting married, so no I would not have a relationship with them.

• Including if they're asexual or do not want to ever have sex. I don't find sex vital in romantic relationships.

• If he is right for you then he will wait, no matter how long you ask him to.

• If maybe we were to get married in six months

• Deal breaker. Not happening. Any guy willing to wait to get legally shackled for one girl who he hasn't even fucked is a desperate moron taking a huge risk for minimal gain.

• It's a foolish religious idea and I wouldn't be with anyone who believes that they have to wait so that a fictional deity will be ok with it.

I wouldn't date anyone who believes in a fictional deity.

• That's pathetic. Not all people who believe in waiting believe in deities. So many cowards on GaG.

• It's not pathetic. Waiting until marriage is simply a religious idea. You can deny that but it doesn't make it untrue. Virtue in virginity is a religious idea. Calling me a coward also doesn't make that untrue.

• I like waiting until marriage. I want to be a special gift to my wife, and I hope she is the same.

• No I wouldn't want a relationship with someone who wants to get married, marriage is stupid and pointless

• "What do you think about waiting until marriage to have sex"

That is what the Bible tell us, so that is what I will do. I won't be disobedient to God's law, for some temporary gratification.

• Out of the question...

What Girls Said 14

• Originally, i wanted to wait until i was married so i did pretty good until i turned 22 and got with my boyfriend. I gave it up to him back in May of this year. But now, because we love each other, we're going to wait til we're married. So no more sex for us until we're legally hitched... then that's when we can really let loose ;) Lol

• People can do whatever they want, it's their lives, but there's no way in hell I will wait till marriage. No thank you. The whole ''sex after marriage'' concept doesn't appeal to me, I couldn't wait that long. It'd be a deal breaker if the guy wanted to wait.

• I believe in sex after marriage, I'm in no rush to lose it to someone who my not even care about me as much as I do them. When I recently got into a relationship with my first boyfriend I had told him the first week or two that I believe in sex after marriage. He was totally fine with it and respected that. I feel so lucky to have a guy like him. Most guys would probably have broken up with me after that.

• Other people are free to do it if they want to, but it's not for me. I have already lost my virginity and don't plan on waiting until marriage to find out if my husband and I are sexually compatible.

• I'm actually waiting till marriage so I wouldn't have any problem with being with someone who does the same. As I always say there are things I couldn't offer at the moment so if a guy is not okay with it, then the door is open for him to go out of my life.

Would I change my mind on this? Yeah, there's always a possibility since when I fall, I fall really hard.

• That ship has sailed for me. I did plan on waiting. Not necessarily for marriage, but until I was with the guy that I knew I would spend my life with. Things didn't happen that way tho. I wouldn't mind waiting if I felt that he was the right guy.

• Doesn't matter to me. Some people believe in it, some don't. Sure, I'd be willing to wait.

• I personally wouldn't wait but if that's what you want to do and are comfortable with, go for it.

• I'm not waiting and I can't be with someone who wants to wait.

• Yes, I would be with someone who wants to wait, but I don't mind not waiting. I want to be in love with the person that I am having sex with though and in a relationship with them too. He doesn't have to be my fiancĂ©e, but we do have to be together.

• I have contemplated it a few times but still not sure if thats what Im gonna do. If I start dating someone and I really like them and they tell me they want to wait until marriage I could see myself waiting.

• I respect those who decide to wait and those who don't. I peraonally planned to wait till i was with someone who i would like to be with. I wouldn't mind being with someone who wanted to wait. If I love him then it would be worth the wait.

• I think waiting is admirable of it matches your values. BUT you shouldn't just stick your head in the sand and ignore sexuality until marriage, IMHO. That creates problems when you do get married. Learning about sex, how it works with your body and it's role between you and a partner helps value it even more.

• I don't have any opinions on it. Do what is right for you.