My best friend wants to marry this guy she met online and it's bothering me.

She has met him in person a few times and its been about a month since they met online and she's already talking about getting married next summer and moving in with him and its bothering me A LOT. I don't know how to get over that. Am I jealous because I'm single? Or is there really something wrong with this situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well for one it depends on what you mean by online, like a dating service or something, if that were the case I would say although it does sound like they are moving fast it isn't really a bad situation. There are thousands of couples who meet that way and get married and have great lives with each other. If your friend just meet this guy in a chat room or something then that might be different. Have you meet the guy, if you haven't, maybe that might be a reason why you are having a problem with the situation. If you really think there is a problem you always have the right to express your opinion but be forewarned if your friend is really serious about the guy it might get hostile if you don't approach it the right way. Oh and what exactly is it about the situation that is bothering you, I feel you should think about that, is the fact that she meet him online, the fact that they are moving so fast, or something else?

• They met on that dating type thing on Facebook. It starts with a Z can't remember what its called. I don't know why it bothers me so much. Oh well. She can do what she wants. We hashed it out last night and I've come to the decision that if she's happy then why do I care?

What Guys Said 1

• she sounds desperate.. talk to her

What Girls Said 1

• At my church, a college age youth around 22 went to reno and got married to a guy she met online who had already been once divorced. We automatically assumed she was settling, because many of her other friends had serious relationships or were married to their high school sweet hearts, and she always felt left out. We all felt very wish washy about this, and she's now expecting, can we say anything? No. Because she seems happy. Does your best friend seem genuinely happy? Are you comfortable enough to say "you don't mind that the relationship is picking up quick?" etc. anything that can begin a convo. about how you care about her, because it's a trick situation.