Is this a big age difference?

I'm going to make this really short. I just turned 20 in May and he is 30. We both are single and use to work together at McDonald's.( he found a different job). We talk and text on the phone. I can tell he likes me and he can tell that I like him. He wants to go out to a movie or hang out with me. I like him but it's the age thing that keeps blocking my mindset about him?

Should be too worried about the age? Or am I just over thinking it?
We are still getting to know one another so that why he wants us to hang out outside of work.
( sorry if anything is misspelled. Doing this on my phone and it won't let me know if anything is wrong)

Most Helpful Guy

• To answer your initial question, I think this is a big age difference. Ten years is a full decade and you two are practically in two different generations.

"Should be too worried about the age?"-Not at all! I'm a firm believer that once you're an ADULT, age really is just a number. My sister is 22 and is dating a 32 year old (the same age difference between you and this guy.) As long as you guys like each other, this shouldn't matter at all. So, as expected, YES, you are over-thinking this. Don't care about what others think or tell you.

Good luck! You can make it work out.

What Guys Said 1

• I think the age difference should stay ten years or less

What Girls Said 4

• I've had many relationships with age differences. It depends on how you feel. I tend to like older men. They are better in bed, know what they want, and are more mature. The biggest problem I've run in to is not getting cultural references or feeling like they know so much more than me. You can learn a lot from an older man, just remember they have an easier time manipulating you.

• I was manipulated by my ex who was some years older than me. The only advice to is to always listen to you friends because they want you to be happy and whats best for you, all my friends told me that he's not right for me and he's manipulative but I didn't listen because I only focused on the good of our relationship, and I got hurt more in the end

• Sounds fine to me but I understand your worries. See the movie or whatever and go from there. See how you feel after that.

• Honestly by our age, age does not matter as much as it used to. I'm 20, my boyfriend is turning 30 very soon. At first I was hesitant about being with him because a 10 year age gap seemed like a LOT, but I decided to give it a shot (Plus I honestly didn't want to reject him and see him with another girl just because of our age gap, haha). We're still together and the age gap doesn't bother us anymore.

You may run into age gap problems. Like he can drink and go to bars if he wants, but you can't drink yet. Sometimes my boyfriend likes to use the "I'm more experienced in life because I'm older" when we get in arguments. But these things are easily fixed if you guys care for each other. I say go for it!

• 10 years is fine, I had an 11 year age difference at 18. As long as the both of you age mature, adults, and enjoy each others company any age difference is fine.