How tall is TOO tall?

I am 5'8 and he is 6'5. Is that too much? Even when I wear heels, I am only up to his ears but so far, I haven't worn flats around him. I think I might be intimidated if I did because I think I will only be up to his shoulders 😟 All the guys I've dated or crushed on before were shorter than me or around my height.

• He's too tall for you.
  • No, it's fine!

Most Helpful Guy

• date a guy closer to your height like moi

• Haha how tall are you? I don't mind shorter guys as I like taking charge. Personally I think us shorties should stick with shorties and leave the taller men for taller women.

• So you think I'm better off with a taller guy? Then the hell were you saying telling me to date someone your height? You under 5'6?

• No im 5 7 one inch under you i would like a chance but i just assume every girl wants taller guys

What Guys Said 7

• Their is no such thing as too tall.

• I'm 6'4" and I dated a girl that was 4'11" that height difference is much more significant than the one between you two. Wearing flats is not a big deal at all. You are over thinking it

• How did you guys hold hands and kiss? Was she intimidated by you at all and did she care about height or in the relationship, it was disregarded? I just think taller guys are scary and are they also more perverted? Short guys aren't but they are much more persistent, materialistic and annoying.

• It wasn't that hard to hold hands they were close. I would just put my arm around her she came about to mid-chest of me. I would have to bend down to kiss her and she would be on her toes. Sometimes I would just pick her up. I gave her no reason to be intimidated by me. We were equals and I treated her as such. That is ridiculous that tall guys are more perverted. Some guys are perverts regardless of height. Short guys tend to have self esteem issues with their height while the taller guys don't give it a second thought.

• I don't have a height preference. There is no such thing as a "too tall" for me. She can be 4ft tall or 7ft tall for all I care.

• What about a tall girl and a short guy? I once dated a 5'2 short guy and people won't stop laughing in the streets.

• I still don't see the problem with it. People who laugh at you are shallow and prejudice and think that height defines who a person is. You don't deserve to be treated that way ever. As I said, I don't care about height but there's no getting past the idea that most woman want a taller man. Obviously you are not one of these women but people will judge you for because they do not think it is normal.

• He's only 7 inches taller than you. That's the same thing as 5' 3 and 6'; it isn't a massive contrast.

• Um not really. It's 9 inches. Don't know if it would be awkward. My ideal height is around 5'6 to 5'10. Also is it true tall guys are more perverted than short guys?

• I don't know because I never wore flats around him, but kissing would be a problem. What about other... Things? Well I know guys under your height are less likely to be perverted. I mean you're about average for a guy. Damn why did I not notice his height before? It's so intimidating if I am wearing flats. Seems perfect before when I was wearing platform heels.

• Other things meaning sex? Big guy/Small girl contrast is perfect, I don't get what the issue is. I typically get with girls 4' 11" - 5' 0" which is a LOT more of a height contrast than your predicament, and dominating a tiny girl is such a turn on for all involved.

You're making a bigger deal than what is, love.

• I remember a study that found that the average height difference women preferred for a guy was 8 inches taller than them. You're a tall girl that found a tall guy, you should feel lucky. Most tall girls whine about not getting a tall enough guy.

• I'm not that tall, but because I'm Asian I guess I am kind of tall for an Asian girl! Yeah, I like shorter guys but I decided to give tall guys a try. Thing is taller guys tend to be perverts and short guys are persistent and insecure sometimes. Why do some women under 5' want a guy over 6'? I know a friend who is 5'6 and he wanted to date a 4'11 girl but got rejected because she found him too short! Even though he was a lot taller than her! This is ridiculous! Is it because genetics are trying to average out each other?

• Average height for girls here is 5'4, it'd be even shorter for Asians. You're more than 4 inches taller than average. The male equivalent is 6'2+ (male average being 5'10) and 6'2 is obviously regarded by almost all people as tall. So yeah, you are tall.

Your preferences are unusual, most girls prefer taller guys, but of course there will be outliers with a species with as much genetic variance as ours. And probably yeah, I've talked to short girls that say they want a tall guy so their kids aren't short.

• That's my ideal height difference honestly. Don't worry about it.

• Really? 9 inches is your ideal height difference? Also why do some girls under 5' won't give 5'6 guys a chance? They are taller than the girl, so why would a girl that height want an over 6' guy? It's pathetic, looks really awkward and kinda pedophilish.

• Yeah I'm 6 foot and I I'd prefer someone under 5'6" Ideally a bit shorter 5'3" sounds good to me.

Any insight I offer into how a girl feels about height won't have much weight.

But when it comes to looking 'pedophilish,' girls react that way all the time, one of these days girls will just need to accept that guys like things other than what girls like :P

• If there's two things women are shallow over its height and looks.

• That's true! Why those 5' under girls won't give 5'2 - 5'7 guys a chance? After all they are taller than them and why would a 6' giant appeal to them when the height difference is ridiculous?

• No. That's actually off my ideal height range of 5'10-5'6. That's too tall for me personally and I think women are too damn picky and shallow. They want taller, yeah I understand but you're already taller than them and they still don't want you? What's so damn good about 6' and over? Why can't they look at the personality? Don't feel sorry for them when the 6' guy cheats on them or leaves them for a taller woman.

• Your the one who's dating a guy who's 6'5? I don't know you tell me?

What Girls Said 5

• My boyfriend is his height and you have 4 inches on me. No such thing as too tall.

• But 5'4 is the average height for a woman. What I am concerned about is women under 5' that won't give my 5'-5'6 guys a chance. Aren't they shallow? These guys are already taller than them so why do they want a 6' over guy? I find that only taller women tend to give shorter guys a chance.

• Height is universally attractive. Can't help it. It's like asking if it's shallow to only find fit people attractive/more attractive than larger people.

• That's perfect. I am 5'6 and dated guys that were 6'0 6'2 and it was great.

• But the height difference is more extreme than mine. Your height difference was acceptable. Were you intimidated by them?

• No such thing as two talk. I'm 5'1 and I've dated taller than 7.

• The taller the better!!! If a guy is taller, a girl can easilly hug his waist.

• i think its fine.