Is the age difference weird?

My brothers best friend (boy-14) has a huge crush on my best friend (girl-16) do you think the age difference is too much or would it be fine for them to date? (he is grade 8 she grade 10)

• He's too young
  • They could date
  • She's too old for him
Lol so he decided he didn't like her anymore because she lives in the country and he wouldn't be able to walk to her house lol he's a little immature

Most Helpful Guy

• It's only two years. Seniors dating freshmen is a pretty common which is usually 3 year differences.

• Isn't the guy usually the older one or does it matter?

• I personally don't think it matters. For whatever reason some people do have issues with the girl being older than the guy though.

What Guys Said 5

• I had someone 18 wanting to date me when I was 14, and that was a bit fucked up to me.

2 year difference isn't much.

• Thats nothen I know a senior who have dated afreshmin that is a 4 year difference and now their happily married with 6 kids.

• 2 years? thats a lifetime

• 2 years? big deal.

• If the genders were reversed would there be a problem?

What Girls Said 5

• He's too young. Date someone your age or older. I made the mistake of dating someone 2 years younger than me and it was a disaster. He was really immature and a total twat. I broke up with him after 2 months.

• I think the cut off mark is 15 for that. 15 is okay for younger and older but once they get over, that comes off as a bit weird to me.

• I had a crush on a 14 year old boy when I was 17.

• If they both really like each other I think it's fine.

• They so could date. I'm a senior in high school who is dating a sophomore boy in high school. He is 16, I'm 18 (it's all legal in my state woohoo!). I mean, yeah, it's fine. People tend to think only older guys like younger girls... But I'm an older girl who likes and prefers younger guys. I don't know why, it just is that way for me. I hope I helped!