Boyfriend made fun of my weight?

First off, my boyfriend uses humor to cover for his wrongdoing. He's always been like this and it makes for a difficult time resolving problems that arise in our relationship. For instance, my birth control pill has caused me to gain a bit of weight in my stomach and thighs. For those who don't know, this weight is incredibly hard to lose and I have a few friends who have the same problem losing theirs. I work out with a trainer and my boyfriend knows how self-conscious I am about the gain. We went out to dinner with another couple who are close friends with us. I ordered a salad and my boyfriend said, "She has to now because she's a plumpy hahaha." My friend came to my reach by saying "I am too then. Weight is hard to lose." I was so embarrassed. When we got home I told him how I felt and his response was, "hahaha it was a joke, chill." Yes he laughs all the time in all the wrong situations. I was crying privately in my room when he walked in and said "haha someone's emotional." How do I deal?

Came to my rescue*

Most Helpful Guy

• My girlfriend and I just reached our 3rd year anniversary this pass may. These passed 3 years has been a lot of change for the both of us. Me moving to other side of the country for college and to be near her. When we first met I was around 155 pounds and I never asked for her weight or do I ever plan to however what I'm trying to say is as our relationship became longer our body weight has changed. I lost 20 pounds due to me running cross country in college and she has gained a few pounds since finishing her last year of eligibility in soccer. What I'm trying to say is I loved her a few pounds lighter ago I still love her a few pounds more and I will still love her. Few more pounds later :). If my girlfriend was in your situation and I do joke a lot I mean a lot a lot.. And she's not the joking type and i learned my lesson after several incidents lol however she really gave me a beating emotionally physically and meantly what the heck spiritually too. But she made me realized how much of a dick I was to her at certain things that I thought where funny when in reality I was being cruel. So tell your boyfriend how you feel sit him down and don't break eye contact give him your GAME FACE girl. Let him know you're not taking anymore of this crap !

What Guys Said 9

• Can't really figure your relationship. You live with him but have separate rooms?

Anyway, he does not connect with you well at all. I think it will not get better, so start considering leaving the relationship.

• Ok i was thinking "ok its not so bad. He is just a bit of a jokester", until i got to the part about you CRYING, and instead of comforting you, he chooses to make another one of his wise cracks.

He went from being a funny jokester to an inconsiderate asshole.

• I don't usually go easy on chicks here, but I gotta admit your "boyfriend" is a real douchebag, I'm actually shocked he joked while you were crying... that's just crazy. You really need to dump him.

Joking on someone's weight (especially a girl)... that is so low.

• Break up with him. One thing you should not tolerate from a friend or romantic partner is someone who hurts you and doesn't care. His joke was not funny it was hurtful and then when he realized he hurt your feelings, instead of showing remorse he teases you more. Some people are like that. They're insecure so they cut other people down and expect other people to accept it. People like that don't change and you're better off alone then with someone who's going to belittle you.

• A lot of guys are like that. He actually doesn't mean for you to be feeling down about it and he also doesn't realise how much of a dickhead he's being.

You need to make him see somehow

• Who needs his crap? Dump his mean sorry ass. Not only is he mean but he then lies about it. You deserve better. Alone is better than putting up with him.

• You have to find a way to really show him how serious and hurt you feel about some of the jokes he make. Put your foot down

• I don't get why you're still in a relationship with him.

• Get rid of him, you need someone who comforts you and supports you. He is not that guy.

What Girls Said 9

• Break up. He's not fixable.

• omg I'm furious! I don't care if humor is his way of coping with things, this is just not acceptable. If he truly loved you, he would NEVER embarrass you like that in front of other people; especially a topic such as that. And he laughed about you crying? What an asshole. Weight has always been such a touchy topic with girls; it can be obsessive and heartbreaking when someone (your boyfriend) tears you down like that. How immature.

Don't ever let a man step all over you and treat you like a dog. You are worth more than that.
    If my boyfriend EVER did that to me, his ass would be gone. And I would be spending my time with someone who respects me.
    Only you can decide what's best for you.

• jesus fuck what a douche bag. You either need to find a way to make him have a serious convo with you or dump his ass. Girl you do not need that kind of negativity in your life.

• He seems rude and like he doesn't truly care about you. If he did he would apologize for making you feel bad and if he knew you were so self conscious he wouldn't have said it in the first place.

• Tell him he makes you feel like shit and if he loves you he would knock it off and control himself. Also snapshoot yiur question and explination, Nd show it to him.

• Dump him. Your boyfriend should never make you feel shitty about yourself.

• holy fuck he is an ass dump his ass

• dump his sorry ass

• He is extremely immature...