Highschool Crush Revival and Obligatory Question Mark?

Back in my senior year of highschool when I was 17, I had 3 or 4 classes with my oneitis. I was able to make a good impression; in one event I donated $100 at a fundraiser for one of my teachers who had been hospitalized. Usually I would strike up conversations, but that day was one of the rare times she approached me. She knows I'm a great guy. Or that I have a great deal of money to throw at people.

So one day I tell her I want to hang out during lunch. She agrees, but to make my intentions clear, I used the word girlfriend. I don't remember the exact sentence. Anyhow, I revealed my true colors. She retorts that she isn't looking for a boyfriend, and that she's sorry for leading me on. I say not to worry about it since I was the one getting ideas out of nowhere, although I still want to take her to some place to eat because I still enjoy her company. She smiled and said she would like that.

That was the last conversation we ever had. Fast forward 3 years, about to take on my senior year of college. She goes to a different uni, but it's only a 20 minute drive away. It was her birthday yesterday, so I decided to bring back the dead with these messages on facebook:

"Happy Birthday [Name]

Oh wow why is that cringey message still there (there was only one message about a history project that went unanswered)

I know it's been a while, but I told you I wanted to take you out for dinner at some point. It's something I said I would do, so if you would like to indulge in my cringeyness again, I can take you to a trendy restaurant so we can eat overpriced food."

That was at 1:30 pm yesterday. It's 2 am now and so far her reply is radio silence. She got online as soon as I started messaging her so I know she saw it. She could be passed out drunk since it was her 21st birthday. Anyways, I can't think of what to say other than just straight up going "p-pls respond". What are your thoughts on this?

What Girls Said 1

• She might get back to you after her birthday shenanigans. If not, then you can say something like "does sometime next week work for you?" just to make sure that she's reading your messages and ignoring them on purpose, not just forgetting to answer. If she doesn't answer after that, pat yourself on the back for trying and move on.

What Guys Said 0