When is is the right time to ask your girlfriend for sex? Is she waiting for me to say it?

I have my first girlfriend and i think it's time for sex. we're both virgins but sometimes i get really tuned on by her and think about sex. I don't only want her for sex though, don't think of it that way. But for one month now i been waiting for her, but since she didn't say anything is she waiting for me to either do it to her or tell her it's time. Do you girls usally want the guy to tell you when to have sex? i never been in a relatioship so i'am still learning. Ultimently when is it the right time to have sex? Do i have to say engage it or is she not ready? I don't know if this sounds bad but when i asked her out, i kinda though she would want to "do it" right away. Does she have to say it's ok first?

No matter what the case is, i will respect her decision.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, slow down. One month is way too early. Don't jump the gun either. Lots of steps before you get to sex. Make sure you both know each other very well, you both are very comfortable with each other and you each have good communication with each other. Right now the communication is lacking simply because you haven't been dating long enough and you don't know each other well enough. Generally, couples start with minor stuff. Start with making out, heavy making out, feeling each other up. Then progress your way to dry humping, hands down pants, up shirts, partially naked, fingering and hand jobs. Then move on to oral, and when you both are ready you can finally have sex. It can take months to get to sex, but it is important to go one step at a time. There is no guide other than only when you both are ready. Communication is key. Be open and honest with what you each want. Respect what she wants or is ready for. Take it one step at a time. Also, make sure you both are ready for sex in terms of birth control.

• we do some of the things you say and we have a good relationship, but not great just yet. I known her for 8 months. But now we really express feelings for each other. I will talk to her and if she's not ready i will respect that.

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah that's not really how sex works. My boyfriend waited almost a year to have sex with me.
    A month really isn't that long to wait if your with a virgin. It's not even that long to wait in a regular relationship.
    Just sit her down and ask er if she's ready to take the next step.
    Also people shouldn't tell you when your having sex because that's rape. They ask.

• i understand, i will sit down with her and ask her, above all i will respect her decision.

• Most likely she's waiting for you to bring it up.

• talk to her about virginity and stuff.. that when would she b ready,...

• Just one correction... You keep saying "tell" as if you are commanding her to have sex with you... *Ask. I think 1 month is too early... But then again I don't know :)

• we known each other for 8 months been dating for 1 month. I will have a talk with her and respect what she says

• I think you should be like we been to heather for a while and I know we both haven't had sex ever but I want you to be my first and if not know I will wait till your ready and then say I will wait because I love you

• wait for her to initiate.

• yeah, i will wait until she is ready

What Guys Said 1

• It better happen after one month. If not, I break it off and leave. Women who don't put out are beneath the vilest contempt.