Guys, Would you be mad or upset if the girl you were treating to dinner made the order after you discussed it and asked for a table before you?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think I'd be upset or mad, but I'd be weirded out. If I'm paying it's commonplace for me to do it, so I'd wonder why we aren't following social norms

What Guys Said 11

• Not sure what you are asking. "after you discussed it" seems to say that when and where was already determined. If I was treating her to dinner, I would have already made the reservations after we agreed to the where. So what do you mean by asking for a table (which would have already been asked for in the reservation) and "made the order"?

• Well say you invited her to say, and I'm using this because its a national chain you're familiar with, pretend it's good for dates lol, Pizza Hut.
      You guys walk in, she goes to the counter a step ahead of you, and says table for two.
      At the table you discuss your order with her, pizza and appetizers...
      Then when the waiter comes, she places the order before you can, even though you asked her out and said you were paying.

• Hmm ok so then it would bother you a bit then.

• It would strike me as strange. If it bothered me then I would race her to the counter. lol

• Not if you discussed it and agreed, I wouldn't want someone else to order for me if I had no say in the matter but just ordering to the waiter? Go ahead, whatever. Have you found that guys get upset at that? Is that a power thing? Maybe it's a macho thing or something about confidence that the person is taking charge so some insecure guys who think they have to be that way are the one's who get offended by this. No secure man should ever be upset at something like this unless you're trying to do something to undermine him to bring yourself up which I'm guessing is not the case here.

• My friend had it happen to him. Said the girl was shocked he didn't get mad and I was curious, it was a date.

• No, I'd just think they had a special place they really wanted to go and thought I'd like it as well.

I think it's pretty controlling to get upset about that situation.

• Even if she letting the guy pay? (Fyi she is not me, this happened to a friend of mine and I was just curious what people's opinions were)

• Yes, well, letting the guy pay is maybe a little contradictory, but if that was their agreement...

• I wouldn't really care about the table. When you say order do you mean mine? I'd prefer to say my own order.

• It's a place with shared orders, you guys discussed it but she makes it.
      On this instance it would be on a date by the way

• I'm not sure what shared orders are but I don't think it would bother me too much. But I'm the type of person that doesn't really care about appearing masculine.

• Like a pizza or a plate at a Chinese place. A meal meant for 2

• Nope, thats nothing for me to get upset about.

• It's odd, maybe question it? Not mad though, surprised. Unless you were treated over something specific? Like a promotion? A congratulatory treat?

• Don't understand the question

• Do not mind. Will not mind

• No, it's nothing serious at all.

• id only be annoyed if i was alergic to it.

• like says id just go with it. you would be pretty anal if you were getting mad over a small thing like that.

throw lamp at him and tell him to lighten the f**k up lol

• I don't get it

• Yeah there is NO PROBLEM with that