How can I get my dog back?

I have made mistakes in my life, but the biggest one has been putting up with my crazy ex girlfriend just because she had money... she would spit on me in public and start fights with my family members but she paid for everything I owned so I stuck around.. After finding out about her threatening my family, I decided enough was enough and i left her for good.. On the last day I came to get my stuff and my dog.. she told me that she paid for the dog so it was technically hers, and she was gonna keep him just because It would hurt me.. and it has hurt me, I love that dog.. it has been with me through everything and I want him back... he is probably dying with her because I know how angry and hateful she is and I know she is only using this to lure me back.. and it might work.. is there any legal way I can fight for a dog?

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont think you can.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• If the adoption papers and everything is in her name, no you can't. You can only file for animal abuse, but only if you actually have proof.

• If the adoption papers have your name then the dog is legally yours.