Has anyone been in a long distance relationship? Advice please?

i met a guy online and we've really grown to like each other a lot. We text and snapchat all day everyday and we just have good chemistry. I live in PA but he lives in FL and goes to school in NY, where we plan to meet up. And we've agreed to make our relationship work.

Earlier this week we were supposed to FaceTime for the first time, but at the literally at the last minute I got called into work and he was disappointed because he really wanted to talk to me. I also fall asleep on him every night when we text, which I feel bad about. He's just so patient with me but now I feel like he's kinda over it... he's just been a little distant and not as talkative.

Am I being paranoid? How can we make this relationship work?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's on him to understand when you gotta work, you gotta go. How long have you both been at this?

What Guys Said 2

• I have when younger, it didn't work out. We were always wondering what the other one was doing

• It will work if you are both truly in love. Other than that leave him. You will know if he loves you or not.

What Girls Said 2

• Everyone says they don't work but mines been working for me for 3 years, and I just now moved back to where he lives so we don't have that problem anymore. It's not fun but you can get through it if you both put in the effort. The "getting distant" thing you said he's doing is definitely not a good sign though. Don't let him lose interest in you.

• They don't work.