Opinions on a 14 year old girl and a 17 year old guy dating (with nothing sexual going on in the relationship)?

I'm asking because one of my friends is being pursued by a 17 year old and she seems to be interested in him too. They both don't want anything sexual.

Most Helpful Guy

• "They both don't want anything sexual."

Not yet.
    That can change in 24 hours.

She's too young.

What Guys Said 2

• It is quite a lot of an age gap but I guess it all depends on their maturity, I for one don't think I could date a 14 year old girl (I'm also 17) since they tend to be quite childish and immature at that age.

• Im a 14 year old guy who wants to date a 17 year old girl... life is hard

What Girls Said 4

• I agree with jacquesvol. They're too far apart. When you're older age differences don't matter because your brain is done developing and you can make better decisions. When you're younger your brain isn't as on top of things as we would like it to be.

A 17 year old is thinking about driving, SATs/ACTs, their future as an adult, and other big decisions.

The biggest decisions a 14 year old makes are what to wear and the title to their essay.

Those are two veeeery different stages of life. Furthermore the 17 y/o is going to always be in a position of power over the 14 y/o. That's not healthy. There's not anything healthy about an age gap like this at these ages.

• It depends on how matture your friend is and knows what's going on with sexual things, because at 17 all guys (at least 99,99% of them) tend to want sex and all that stuff, so if she wants that too and is ready for it, then she has to be sure to check if he uses a condom to don't get her pregnant.

• I guess it depends on the maturity of both. If the girl is mature and the boy is immature (which he likely is considering he wants to date a 14 year old) then I don't think it's too big a deal. But if the 17 year old is mature and the 14 year old isn't then that's not cool. It's really not fair considering a three year age difference in your twenties is practically meaningless but that's how it is unfortunately.

• If she is going to be 15 well before he turns 18 than okay. But if she is 14 while he is 18 that's to much