Is joining a dating site a sign of desperation?

Most Helpful Girl

• Um, not to all the other people on the dating site. It's just a practical way to meet people who are, like you, on the market.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't know...
    It may just be a sign of social anxiety or awkwardness.

• I don't think so. They're really convenient for the more shy/introverted people.

• No. It's become socially acceptable.

• No it's just that many of them are just hookup sites

• Not at all. It could even show the opposite. It just gives you more options to choose from.

• no its just that you feel that is the way to meet another person if you are not at the moment capable in person, however be careful of catfishes, i would say Skype before hand.

What Guys Said 8

• No. Some people don't have time to go out and meet people. Others might live in smaller towns with few single people their age. And it's also a good way for see common interests before even meeting them.

• No, it's a sign you're looking for dates.

• I don't think it is, if you feel more comfy on there, I'd say go for it. We have social media, so it's normal that we use it for that too

We connect on the media... and might disconnect outside

• Kinda, but it's okay. If you're not getting any chances in real life, you have enery right to try the technological advances.

• I don't think so. If anything, it is a sign of motivation. Also considering a large percentage of marriages come from online dating, I'd say it's pretty normal these days.

• Just look at it as expanding your choice pool of women.

• Yes I believe so, because I joined tons lol!

• nope. I use a few. It can be hard to meet people that are a good match. Especially if you work a lot. The sites just make it easier to introduce yourself to more people.
    I have found it quite useful. It is also nice because you already know that they are (supposedly) single. (I only met one woman who was married and lying about it. ). So I can search for exactly what I want, or browse for what looks interesting. And they do the same.