My underage girlfriend keeps drinking, should I leave her?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• If she's making a fool out of herself and getting into a lot of trouble maybe you should tell her and hopefully she'll understand but if not then maybe you should let her down easy.. its possible you don't want anything bad to happen to her or her reputation that could possibly slide onto your reputation... it's okay to admit but if thats not the case then I would just talk to her about it first before leaving her

What Girls Said 8

• Take the "underage" part out of this equation, because to me it doesn't matter. It depends what she is doing with her alcohol. You are leaving things out, such as whether or not she is spending too much money she doesn't have on booze, and if she is showing abusive behaviour after consumption. Many underaged teens drink, and it usually amounts to nothing, but if you are concerned with what happens after she is drinking and how it is affecting your relationship, then you can decide if you've had enough.

I am a believer in second chances, and I always gave second chances and warnings in each of my relationships just so I can say I made an effort to see if change was to be had. In your case, if you have a forgiving side, or you just don't want to end things because you want to see if things can improve, then sit her down and talk to her when she's sober and tell her that you feel her drinking is out of control. (Personally I think drunk teen girls are usually showing their immaturity more than they think they are just trying to seem older.) Explain the things that bother you when she's drinking or how much time she is spending on being drunk and see if getting help is an option. If she's just an experimental type of teen and can just stop or cut back, see if she's willing to compromise. You shouldn't be held responsible for her bad behaviour, which is what you're in for if you don't stop this cycle.

Good luck! :)

• I don't think it's productive to stay with a person who's taking unnecessary risks in their life when you're just starting yours. What happens if you get caught with the alcohol too?

I think you should leave her for yourself and hopefully that will inspire her to start making good choices for herself too.

• Talk to her about it.

• Makes sure to talk to her about it first and if she continues then you could leave her.

• "My underage girlfriend keeps drinking"

Are you writing this from jail or Ghetto?

• There are 2-3 years of difference. Wouldn't be fair for 18 year olds not to be able to date 16 year old girls, or for 19 years old not to be able to date 17. The difference is so small that you can't call those people pedophiles and ruin their whole life

• I'm not trolling. And she's 17... I'm 18...

• I drink occasionally too. Maybe she's having a problem if she's drinking regularly. If you want to stay then you should be ready to solve this. If the relationship isn't important for you to put effort to solve problems then leave.

• You should at least talk to her first.

• ummm, it's not like you never had an underage drink and even if you didn't, that's just how society is, as long as she is being responsible with her drinking then why should it matter...

• That's seems like a problem and you shouldn't be associating with people like that. Break it off until she fixes her problem

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, leave her. Be sure you explain exactly why you're not staying around to be a ground zero as she destroys her life and makes you miserable watching.

• Where the heck is she getting the booze?

Try to do what you can if you care for her obviously but it's no one's job but your own to cover your ass. What if she gets caught drinking and you are around and the blame shifts to you? Not worth it.

• You could find someone better

• Unless she's getting piss drunk at parties, not really.

• She drinks underage. You're a pedophile. Sounds all kinds of messed up to me.

• She's 17 I am 18... I'm not a pedophile

• If she's a hevy drinker and is abusive towards you then leave, if not give her some time to sort things out.

• D. A. R. E. her not to do drugs.

• If hou love her, you got to help her and save her man. Be her savoir...

• no it's just alcohol