Would you forgive me if I said this to you?

I had a fling with a guy and it ended because my depression kicked it. I would like to apologize for all of my outbursts and for things I said to him. He thinks I was insulting him but I actually saw myself as worthless and thought he only wanted sex from me because I didn't deserve more. How should I apologize? He won't respond to my text msgs.

I want to say, "I'm sorry. I battled depression for years and it left me with a low self esteem because I couldn't get better. I got the help I needed. Now that o have recovered I look back and see that while I thought I only came across as I hated myself that I may have hurt you too. I was awkward at your apartment because I didn't think I was pretty. I was hurt when you ended it because I thought it was because of my depression. I sent you msgs because you didn't respond and that confirmed to
Me that I was worthless. I was addicted to hating myself. I never thought you were a pig; I just thought no guy would ever really like me. I see how my hatred for myself may have come across as anger but it wasn't directed at you. I was angry at myself. I'm sorry and I hope you see how sincere I am.

Most Helpful Guy

• When you say fling, was it any genuine kind of relationship, or?

• We were talking online for 2 months and hung out twice. Sorry we didn't have sex but made out. I just didn't know how to word it. We discussed having feelings though.

• I updated!

• @Asker

Ahhhhh okay, I see, now.

Well yeah, by all means I'd recommend telling him that your mental faculties aren't at their most stable right now and that can cause anyone to snap, I've basically been doing that very thing myself for the past five years.

What Guys Said 1

• I know a girl like you and she claims to love me. Her really low self esteem is the reason I don't like her. More of a turn off than anything else

What Girls Said 1

• clarify more... your title promises to tell us what u said to him !

• Sorry I'll fix it!

• Does it come across as nice? Or am I being too bitchy?

• you said he left you right? so why did he give up on you se easily... supposed to know you more and know your insecurities n emotionam issues.. he also did a mistake so be easy with ur self and if he doesn taccept you back then leave him n move on cz u deserve better