When should you tell a guy that you are dating that you are a virgin and are waiting until you find someone that you love and who loves you back?

At what point do you tell a guy that you are dating that you are a virgin and are waiting until you find someone that you love and who loves you back? I recently got dumped by a guy because i wouldn't have sex with him. He knew i was a virgin, but i guess he might have though i would have wanted to do it with him at some point, and the truth is i would have if we were in love with each other, but we weren't at that point yet, and he didn't want to wait, and i never told him that i wanted to wait until i love someone and the guy loves me, and i guess that was my mistake. I should have told him that before we entered into a relationship. Does it just depend on the situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• As asst ast possible

• Are you saying this so that way the guy can run away from the relationship? Would you not enter a relationship with someone because they are a virgin?

• No I would be more attracted to a virgin tbh! Tell him fast because that's something he needs to know, he'd probably like it like me lol

• Thanks :)

What Guys Said 3

• Immediately.

• Immediately

• Tell him immediately.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, I think you should tell him as soon as you get the chance in order to avoid misunderstanding and disappointment if it turns out that he's not okay with it.

You can start talking about past relationships, and give him some hints like this: "I've dated a couple of guys but I wasn't in love with them, so we never became very intimate". Or you can talk about society and say something like "Most girls and guys today hook up with random people whenever they can, while I'm still waiting for that special one".

• Mention it on the second or third date.