Do you believe things happen for a reason?

Like you think everything was all planned for a reason? Also Let's not relate religion into this..

• Yes, I think everything happens for a reason...
  • No, I don't think everything happens for a reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are accidents, but many things do.
    if you spoil your kid, she's not going to be independent. If you are mean to others, no one will be kind to you. if you are lazy, you won't accomplish much. Just the way of life.

What Girls Said 6

• Things happen for a "reason" in the causal sense (like, previous events and circumstances lead up to everything that happens), but not in the "god or the universe has some greater plan" sense. (I know you said not to relate this to religion, but "everything was all planned for a reason" suggests that there is a greater force that has some intention. A plan or intention suggests that there is a "mind" behind it all).

• From my life experiences, no, everything doesn't happen for a reason. Something stuff happens and it makes no sense. I believe that ''everything happens for a reason'' is something people tell themselves/others to make themselves/others feel better about their shitty lives or situations.

• Absolutely! I'll let it go from there. :)

• I used to believe in that, but not anymore. A lot of things happened in my life and I can't find an explanation for them. It makes no sense to me.

• Of course. nothing just happens, there are no coincidences.
    Like the world

• No, things just happen, no rhyme or reason.

What Guys Said 5

• Well yeah if I run to the bathroom causing me to trip and fall the reason behind it would be carelessness because I wasn't paying attention. At least that's what I think about when it comes to things happening for a reason. I don't believe in it from a spiritual sense.

• Nah, Everything is just a roll of the dice ;)

• Yes, I believe that everything happens for a reason.

• Well yeah, that's just basic causality bloke.

• Things happen, but there is no particular reason for them to.