To me not having kids doesn't sound so bad, will that bother men?

I am 24... and I want to get married to a great man. But I really do not feel ready to have kids at all. I don't know for certain that I would never want them, but I think that the idea of having a husband all to myself and never having kids doesn't sound too bad...

I really am not such a kids person...

But I feel pressured to say I want kids, in case I do change my mind, it's possible I would want them one day... but right now I have no desire...

I may want later but I am hesitant...

I am totally willing to date a divorced dad or something. I did date a divorced dad, my friend thought I was crazy lol

I am not absolutely certain I never want kids but I can't guarantee I will DEF want them. So maybe I should date divorcess?

Most Helpful Girl

• Your primary focus should be on finding that right guy in your life. Then, all else will fall in to place. So if you never have kids with him, at least you can say you spent your life with the right man, not having kids. If kids DO happen, then at least you're with the right guy having them. I'm childfree, and usually you know this from an early age that having kids doesn't appeal to you. If you're on the fence, then you summed it up best yourself when you said you want to find a great guy. :) That great guy will understand which way you feel, and will want the best for your relationship/marriage whether it's having kids or not because you found each other.

What Guys Said 6

• Only speaking from the standpoint of a guy who has kids... It would not bother me if you didn't want any More... it would be non-negotiable if you were unable to accept the fact that I have one. (That may have been a little outside the realm of your question.. sorry).

• Well, if you are opening to not wanting having children of your own but are necessarily fixed on not having them, then I think a lot of men wouldn't mind (but many would hope you change your mind later).

However, if you flat out don't want to have children then many men will see this as a deal breaker. I can't even begin to imagine how upsetting it would be to lose a man they truly had feelings for just because the man couldn't be with a woman who didn't want children. Just be aware of this.

• I'm a guy who doesn't want kids. Be true to yourself. Make sure you and any future men see eye to eye on the kids thing.

• Of course no, I probably won't have kids as well.

• I don't wanna have kids now too :/ maybe when I'll be at 30 or 35

• Then find a man who doesn't want kids either.

What Girls Said 5

• Many guys would dump you just for that reason. No matter what they say, most people do feel the need to have children eventually. Of course it's possible to find a guy who doesn't want children, ever. It would be difficult, but it's easier to find men who don't want children than women who don't want them. Maybe if you explained your reasons for not wanting children now, they would be more accepting of the idea?

• It will bother some and not others

• Wait a little while in a marriage until thinking about kids. For example my parents spent 2 years of marriage traveling and loving each other before thinking about kids.

• It depends on the man. I personally don't want any kids.

• it's okay not to want to have kids. It's not for everyone!