Guys, Why do guys seem to think that women are controling?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• [Sweeping generalisations ahead]
    Firstly women are a lot more sensative about their enviroment (they have a lower tollerance for mess and tend to get more obsessive about interior decorating), and so tend to be more prone to nag and micromanage things around the house.
    Secondly women make a lot of decisions about relationships which men never consider. They activly evaluate the relationship, discuss it with their friends, and when the relationship gets rough start doing little 'relationship tests'. Men don't do these things.
    And finally women are more prone than men to adopt a passive agressive stance, which always comes across as manipulative and controlling.

Not saying all women are like this, or even that there arnt men who act that way, but it is a well established stereotype, and one which does hold up to examination.

What Guys Said 15

• You think you're not controlling because you don't physically force a man to do what you want. But what you need to realize, "either I get my way or I'm going to be moody", is just the same. Men in relationships tend to "pick their battles" as to not wanting to go to war with a woman's moodiness, and before they know it, "happy wife means happy life" turns into another one sided relationship where he is basically nothing more than a tool to help meet her wants and nothing more. Slowly but surely, every inch of the relationship is about her.

All women start off pretending to be everything you want, so a lot of guys perceived as "players" are guys who've simply figured out the game. They enjoy the honeymoon while you all are on your best behavior and bounce as soon as they can feel you trying to pull them into the one sided trap.

• For many men, if they didn't have a woman behind them pushing them to be the best they can be, they would do nothing and just be content with what they have. Now of course, this can sometimes create friction but I think that in many cases, it's just the guys way of letting go of some pressure. The pressure can sometimes become too much. Though, if given the choice, guys will probably chose the person who make them better over who they would be if left alone. It is my opinion anyway.

• Because some women ARE controlling, and this obviously annoys men who do not want to be controlled. And because some men are weak, so it seems to everyone else that the woman in the relationship is controlling him. And because in some relationships - the man and woman actually learn how to get along and share responsibilities, in which case a controlling society perceives the woman as being controlling - because she is not being dominated.

• because most girls are as soon as the guy commits to her xD the cliche of giving up ones balls isnĀ“t there for no reason.

• Women ARE controling 0.0

• BECAUSE THEY ARE

• Because a lot are and the ones that are give u all a bad rep

• Because they are :)

• Look up "Ban Bossy" and you will see why.

• I think women spell out more things than men. Therefore, they seem to be controlling.

• women are naturally manipulative which is fine there are reasons this exist

i don't think it's a bad thing

• Same reason women think men are, insecurity

• In my experience the rarest thing is a woman who is nether controlling nor wants to be controlled.

A lot of women don't really like men, they like the way they would like men to be, not the way they are.

• Because some of them are controlling.

• Umm experience. My mother, girlfriends, ex-wife.