Women of gag, isn't it great that you never have to pay for a date if you don't want to without it possibly ruining your chances with that person?

Isn't great that women can ask out or get asked out and still wouldn't be obilgated to pay for the whole thing or half? Isn't it great that Never paying for a date wouldn't ruin your dating chances ever? Isn't that empowering? There's rarely a guy that could get away with never paying for a date without it ruining his dating chances. Also ladies isn't it great that a lot of men are so dumbly blinded by pride that they would never allow you to pay anyway?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it's great. Wouldn't you feel awesome if you didn't have to pay. But decent women, those you wanna date, will offer to split the bill.
    I won't pay for the whole date, cause we're both on the same boat, we both wanna get to know each other, we both are there cause we wanted to be, and we're both equal, therefore, we split the bill. If a woman doesn't wanna split I'll tell the waitress to split the bill herself and I'll pay for my part, and then I'll be out of there and not date her again.
    I'm no one's bank, if you're gonna use me for my money, go find someone else.

What Girls Said 7

• Though I always insist on going dutch when it comes to paying, even if the guy offers, a guy paying for me if he insisted would feel anything but empowering, I don't like when that happens because it actually makes me feel dependent on him.
    With my boyfriend, I always make a point of being clear that I'm self-sufficient. If he wants to pay for me, great. Nice gesture. I appreciate it, but I'm good paying for myself or sometimes for both of us.

If it ruins the date you're on because the guy doesn't pay for hte girl, you're probably better off without her anyway. Also, you're only 'obligated' because you choose to view these societal norms that way.

• This oozes bitter immaturity

• I always offer to split the bill or pay for it myself. But usually the person who suggests the place to go is the one who pays (traditionally)
    I think it's just the older generation who has this problem.
    Another aside, most guys will INSIST they pay even when you say you (the girl) want to pay.

• Yeah they insist because they are dumbly blinded by pride and ego... That's their loss and your gain.

• Ok well then if they insist there's nothing I can do about it? The only way this "men must always pay" thing will change is if GUYS stop perpetuating the stereotype and accept a woman's offer to pay and not feel imasculated from it.

• Not really. I'm always going to pay for my own anyways.

• Yea that's a pretty nice perk. Not all guys follow the rules tho but those are the ones I don't call back

• It is one of many perks of being a woman but I would usually insist on paying at least half or that would ruin my dates chances unless he play his cards right

• This is a great answer. A lot of women on here want to never admit they have the absolute power in the dating game.

• Yup it is great

What Guys Said 4

• No need to be so sarcastic. WE all know about the double standards that still apply in the USA, even today, with all the hue and cry about ''equality.'

Let's say the cup is half full. A lot of younger women reject these patterns and REALLY DO want to go Dutch, and won't write off the guys who don't pay for everything.

• Yeah it's called its my money and if I want to pay for her it's absolutely none of anyone else's business. I do it because it shows respect and is a nice gesture. I know the woman I am out with is fully capable of paying but manners/courtship is important to relationships. A man knows the woman is independent and treats her as such. But a man treats that woman the way he'd want other females in his family to be treated.

• Times are changing and many men in the western world do not pay.

• Sure whatever make you feel better.

• Sounds like some people better check their privilege.