Being unattractive.. have you accepted it?

I feel hopeless. I had a good looking girlfriend like a solid 8. She loved me but left me because of her chitty parents. I feel like that was the only shot I ever had. All my life I've never been attractive. Rejected by women it leads to depression and isolation. I hate it. I don't know if I should just accept this or get surgery

Most Helpful Girl

• Quite frankly i think constant self pitty is more unnatractive than being ugly

• She's right, man.

Wallowing instead of taking advantage of what you got is an instant deal breaker. People pick up on vibes and are either repelled or deterred by what others emit.

• True true.

What Girls Said 7

• I think you need to try and get out of the dumps here a little and focus a little less on the numbers on the scale of attractiveness! Everybody is their own worst critic. Try and accept your body and on the days that you don't, just shake it off. I think maybe you'll learn to love certain parts of your body or face that maybe you previously didn't like for some reason before... I have! Just gotta give it a little time and hang in there.

• Seriously, I doubt you're that unattractive. You even had a beautiful girlfriend. Chin up ;)

• @Hyped_up_on_coffee - yep!

Completely agree.

• Dude it you bagged a solid 8 that must be something about you girls like. I doubt that you're unattractive. Even if you are unattractive, there are many unattractive people in relationships. Stop with the self pity its not attractive.

• If you had a great looking girlfriend before I'm pretty sure you'd be able to find another one as you get older looks won't even matter honestly personally they don't matter to me at all they'd be nice but I'd trade anything for a nice guy instead of a nice looking face any day

• accept what God has given you.. time will come people around you will realize that you're attractive in many ways..

• wow this is weird i feel the same way, except it or get surgery. What is better? to be able to overcome the feelings of not measuring up which will bring happiness at a mental level at the highest level possible, self acceptance. Or the other option to get every surgery possible and try to fight nature, is it even possible? or may i end up looking like Jocelyn Wildenstein. I do understand your desire but its terrifying.

What Guys Said 10

• I've accepted that I'm not exactly attractive, but hey. You just gotta go with it. Once you accept it and regain confidence, you can make it work. Many confident friends of mine that may not have been super attractive have gotten girls that were cute and had good personalities. You can do it!

• Confidence is one of thee most attractive traits in a person. And to be honest we perceive ourselves a lot less attractive than we are. Highly recommend opening this link and watching this video. http://youtu.be/jg-O7f_1Ngc

• Watch this...http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7n__A1LY7DI if Maurice can get a girl so can you...

• Yup. I've accepted it. I think I'll just focus on my career. As the great Thomas Jefferson said..."Disregard females, acquire currency."

• i've seen some guys date really hot almost model like girls. These girls could've been with way more attractive guys for sure.

Honestly, sometimes there's more than what meets the eye.

• nope, I'm FABULOUS!

• Ha man I'm 22 ugly as shit I'm short i make min wage nowhere to live I've been on peoples couches for the last 6 months parents could care less about me a girl has never liked me or wanted anything to do with me and I still keep a smile on my face and a positive attitude trust me you could have it worse

• I'm so ugly I scare women and children. Oh by the way the Unknown Comic is My Dad so
    you can see where my genes come from.

• I've been fucked over a couple times. I just move on

• Girls dont care about looks. They care about personality. They're not like us guus who care about butt, boobs, and face. Remember face attracts the eyes but personality attracts the heart.

Oh and try to stay in good shape. Girls like guys to take care of themselves TRUST ME