Is it actually a good date idea to go and see a film?

You can't talk to each other. I know it takes the pressure off a bit but isn't the point of a date to talk to the other person?

Most Helpful Girl

• You can make out in the movie theatre

What Girls Said 5

• With a First 'Good date,' No, I would Not suggest going To... See a film. It's much better to go somewhere quiet, maybe have a drink, get to know one another, or even go get something to eat as well.
    Saving the movie for perhaps a Second time around might be okay. However, if you feel comfy enough, even with a First time around, there may come a point where before Intermission, you are both doing Some... Kissing.
    I went on a 'First date' with someone whom I had met and we did nothing but swap spit during the whole boring 'Make out' movie.
    Good luck. xx

• For a first date? No. It's a good option a few dates in when you already know each other better. But if you don't know each other, then you're better off doing something else that doesn't require you to silently sit in a room for about 2 hours. That's a waste of time when you could've spent it on actually getting to know each other. But if you already know each other, then a movie date is fine.

• Sure... What's not to like? Use that to talk about something you like.. You shouldn't feel like you have to pass some sort of exam! Lol Enjoy each others company. .. Relax!!!

• not on a first date

• It's not good at all. Makes you think what does he/she thinks rn. And you can't focus on the movie yet talk to each other either so no no no.

What Guys Said 4

• No. Movies suck as a date idea. Go do something random instead. Hunt down a random food truck, or go build sandcastles at the beach.

• The idea of a movie on a first date is that it takes away some of the pressure of keeping a conversation going for a few hours, then you can talk about the movie. Go to an early movie and you will have plenty of time to talk afterwards.

• Yeah, I kind of feel that way, I want to have a conversation, not watch some shitty movie.

• What would you rather do:

- Look at the movie?
    - Look at your date?

I think they suck if you are starting to get to know someone.