I paid for the first date?!?!

I went on a coffee date with a guy last night. He asked me out and he made the arrangements. When we went to order our coffee he said "I forgot my wallet, so this one's on you." I thought he was joking at first but he was serious. I had to pay!

I tried to stay positive though and we wound up actually having a really nice date. we talked for 2 and a half hours and he even spoke of taking me out again. But then when I almost forgot about the money thing, we went to say goodbye and as he was walking away he said "oh yeah I owe you 2 bucks." like noooo, the whole date cost 4 bucks?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds abit cheap, he didn't really say it in a nice way either, he didn't say oh god, I'm sorry, I've forgotten my wallet. He basically said, no money, you pay. Seems like he was trying to get out of paying for your half if he said 2 bucks? I mean usually I'd want to pay for the entire date, unless she was adament...

What Guys Said 6

• If we (me and you hypothetically) went on a date, and I didn't have my wallet and 2 hours passed by, I would of called my brother or my friend to drop my wallet off to me. It's not like you traveled into another city to get coffee, right?

• Cheapskate, jerk, ... they all fit.

The final insult is divvying up the cost between you and him.

You're right about the whole date costing $4.

Ted

• Wow. My man has balls. I'd be embarrassed if that was me. C'mon, 2 dollars? Maybe that is his plan for a 2nd date. "Next one's on me!"

• that sucks, what's your question though?

• $4
    boo hoo

and women cry about equality but bitch that they dont even want to pay half.

• Ya that does kinda suck. But it is 2009. My ex used to expect me to pick her up and pay, etc still 2 years into the relationship. I don't understand why it's so hard to her your wallet. She'd go buy purses and shoes, but can't spring for 2 for $20 once in awhile?

What Girls Said 4

• yeah, that's pretty damn unfortunate because he sounds like a cool guy. I'm all about chivalry so that would have been a deal breaker for me, but if you're willing to look past this, you definitely should. take him up on "date two" although I wouldn't necessarily count the first one as a date. I hope he steps up his game, no one wants to date a cheapo.

• douche move!

• he sounds like a cheap person that fact that he 'claimed' to have left his wallet he should have offered to refund the whole $4

• not a particularly classy guy but see how the $ plays out the next time you go out