Do I tell him I'm going on a date?

There's a guy I've been dating for about three weeks now and it's a mutual feeling that it's getting pretty serious. He said he usually dates for a month or so before becoming exclusive typically. I really like him and he really likes me, but this other guy asked me out for dinner this week and I don't know if I should mention it. He told me that even though we aren't exclusive yet, that he prefers to be monogamous and date one girl at a time and would be upset if I were dating other men. He actually said, "I wouldn't be upset at you necessarily because we're not exclusive but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be upset and try and find the guy and beat him up" I assumed he was kidding. On one hand, I'd like to tell him to be honest and also as a reminder that I'm not waiting for him forever but on the other hand, I don't want it to backfire on me and him start dating other girls since I'm dating someone else. I don't really want to go out with this other guy but I'm trying to keep my options open til we're official

Most Helpful Guy

• since he told you that he prefers monogamy I think you should tell him. not telling him, while you are not obliged to do so, will fly directly in the face of one of the things he told you he likes in a relationship.

and if you don't really want to go out with this other guy, and like the guy you are currently dating why don't you tell this guy who asked you out that you are currently dating someone

What Guys Said 5

• "I don't want it to backfire on me and him start dating other girls since I'm dating someone else."

The hypocrisy is strong in this one. "I don't want him to date other girls but I can date other guys as much as I want." - You

The guy told you he only dates one girl at a time and doesn't appreciate you dating other guys. Do the guy a favor and cut it off, he deserves much better than you.

• No actually you're wrong. I would be exclusive with him and not go out with this other guy if he wanted. However, if he would be so "upset" then maybe he should do something about it.

• The guy already told you he didn't want you to yet you're still entertaining the thought of doing it. I'm pretty sure you're the wrong one here, you're trying to give the guy an ultimatum when he's told he doesn't put the exclusive tag on right away.

• So saying this guy immediately...
    You obviously don't respect what he cleary told you... and you just wanna okay games with him...

Sumo this guy and go explore your so called option... If I told a girl that I would be upset if she is dating other guys I actually mean it!
    If she can't respect that I would move on !!

He needs to do the same! Don't waste his time anymore please

• You shouldn't go on the date at all. He told you his timeline - 1 month. You aren't "waiting forever" you're "waiting a month". If you can't do that, break up with him honestly instead of dating other men and hurting him.

• ''I don't really want to go out with this other guy''

Well that was simple

• Yes! You tell him!

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should tell him.
    Perhaps he will realize he has to make a decision because you're a girl who has a lot to offer (in quality) other guys will be attracted to that.