Why can't I get a guy?

Why can't I get a guy? What am I doing wrong? Am I coming across needy? Desperate? Need advice! Talking to a guy at the mo but he rarely responds, I don't harass him, I've let him know I'm interested but I'm getting nothing back!

Most Helpful Guy

• If he knows you're interested, and you don't know whether he's interested. Then he's not interested.

You seem to have a pretty face, but I don't know you at all, so it's hard to tell what you're doing wrong.

What Guys Said 8

• couple of questions:

- are you getting approached / good amount of dates?
    - What are qualities you look for in a guy? - artsy, athletic, specific type of humor? What went wrong in the last relationship that you'd like to have in the next?

"Am I coming across needy?"
    - we need examples of what seems to hold back your dating?

Basically we need more information about your dating adventures, all we know right now is that you've texted someone... but they havn't responded.

so.. it's a shot in the dark as far as any advice that can be generated outside the "top 10 dating mistakes by Cosmopolitan" generic stuff.

• Ok so guy friend requested me on facebook, I initiated convo, made it clear I'm interested (not in a slutty way) joked, banter and now nothing! No response! I know of him kinda, don't know him personally! Not bombarding him with messages and they are light & jokey!

• It sounds like to me you're sending the right signals and the guy is either not interested or isn't picking up on it.

• Damn you hot! And you British (sexiest accent in the world). Well, I'm going for another approach because you could get the usual from the mags. Possibly, you are both humble yet pretty, which sounds great but sometimes it can be bad because you want a cool guy, but he may be intimidated by you. So two "humbles" don't attract. One person needs to initiate. Maybe just ask him out on a date proper and see how it goes. Be direct. If he still isn't interested, just put yourself out there and there WILL be a sea of guys coming after you.

• OK I am sure not any kind of relationship expert. But for me its all about attitude. I love a confident woman who is comfortable in her own skin and it shows. Work on your own happiness and I believe the rest will fall in to place. Be ready for opportunities to meet guys but do not panic. Panic is unattractive. Personally i would rather be happy and alone than panic and settle for some loser and be miserable with them.

• Thank you! I'm happy on my own, not desperate but it'd be nice to meet someone, I try and get knocked back every time! I'm getting a complex! Thinking there's something wrong with me in respect of girlfriend material

• Or I'm the weirdo

• I think not... because you are at least considering it. That kind of self examination tells me you are not.

• Well, I see your picture and I think "Ay Caramba!! She's beautiful". Lot's of guys will assume you already have a boyfriend and not even try.

Are you creating enough sexual tension between you ad the guy in question. For example not sitting in a cafe sitting on opposite sides of the table but instead go for something a little closer like salsa dancing? Just an example

• No this guy I've just started talking to. Made it clear I'm single and interested in him but nothing!

• Let assume some stuff. You talked to him, gave him a hint or a clear sign that you are single and now you are waiting for him to make his move?

If that is the case how about asking him out to do something nice. Maybe he would love to go out with you but is to scared to ask you out.
      I that is not the case... still ask him out.

And if that doesn't work I can tell as a man that many many MANY MEN would want to go out with you. Try it with another guy.

• I don't know. I saw your picture though and you're beautiful! I'm sure you have a nice personality as well. Their loss!

• Guess he's not interested. Are the any guys you see stare at you?

• Never tell a guy u are interested in him :P Always act bitchy they'll follow u :D

• I would be your boyfriend. you did get me!

What Girls Said 3

• dont give away too much at level that hasn't even started hun. know by how he talks.. if u want to step up by urself then talk to him.. show him u care... some guys like that.. if he still doesn't give u back then there other guys who are chasing u but they ain't just there yet

• Honestly these guys are not worth your time! If you don't vibe well with them right away move on! there are plenty of fish in the sea, it may just take you a while to find your fish! Hope i helped! 🌸😊

• he's a waste of time, move on :/
    people just get bad luck sometimes