If you could only pick one, eye candy or personality, which would you pick?

• Eye candy
  • Personality

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 16

• Personality is permanent. It's also the main thing that attracts me to someone. If it's just eye candy, the relationship feels shallow and pointless.

• Eye candy for sure. Looks matter a lot more to me; Ideally I'd want a good personality along with it, but if I have to choose between someone who is a bombshell but a bit of a cunt and an uggo with a heart of gold, I'll be in the same boat with liking one trait but hating the other, so I might as well enjoy looking at the broad.

• yeah, it's a subjective question.. there is no "right" answer to this, so thanks for sharing your opinion.

• Personality. But, it's far easier for a woman to win a man over on looks than on personality (vice versa for a man to win over a woman). I care about personality more than any guy I know does, and yet I am by far the pickiest. Women who wish that men cared more about personality and less about looks should be careful what they wish for, LOL.

• why should women be careful what they wish for? are you saying that men should care more about looks? can you explain you point, please?

• what would the results be?

• Women would find it much harder than they currently do to get relationships and even sex, whereas most women seem to assume that they would have it easier than they do if this particular wish would come true.

• I would take personality. You have to be able to get along with the person and have fun. Eye candy would be good to look at but if I'm around her for more then 10 minutes and I'm ready to go then that is not good.

• Yeah for sure, but ready to go after 10 minutes meaning out the door or to get it on?

• I wasn't trying to think wrong lol it just confused me but yeah you're right.. beauty fades anyway.

• Oh I know, you are fine lol. By how I worded it, it could have been taken either way so its cool. And yea beauty does fade away.

• I don't even have to pick. Personality is literally the only thing that matters. I don't care about looks at all. I'm not more likely to approach someone because they're attractive.

• They both matter, not gonna lie, but I'm WAY more choosy about personality.

• I get where you're coming from. So you'd tolerate a fugly but awesome chick? :p

• Well, I wouldn't think she was fugly if I was attracted to her. But if other dudes didn't think she was hot or something, that wouldn't bother me one bit.

• excellent answer dude :)

• Personality for me ,,,

• Personality with average look.

• Eye candy I'm shallow

• Can't it be both?

• let's just say the only options are one or the other..

• Pretty only lasts so long

• Personality all day. Can't be with someone I can't get along with.

• I'd just like some candy.

• if i can only have eyecandy but dumb or super personality but ugly, i´d stay alone.

• What's eye candy?

• Eyes candy all the way

• what if guys constantly stared at your girlfriend, you wouldn't mind?

• They are gonna stare and hit on her no matter how she looks so shemight as well be a stunner

What Girls Said 11

• Personality is more important, so I'll go with that.

• I choose eye candy because I can't be attracted to someone I find ugly. Even though it's going to be a little bit hard, I will try to deal with it and change his negative behaviors. It sort of similar to the concept of The Taming of the Shrew (Shakespearean play). I believe that there isn't pure evil, everyone has some good in them. So, how bad could his personality be?

• I'd prefer real candy

• some looks can't make up for a shitty personality

• Personality. That's not even a hard decision for me at this point in my life.

• I'll take personality. Looks do matter, but not more than personality.

• candy eventually expires...
    so personality:)

• Definitly personality for me, as long as we get along and he can make me laugh then we're all good :D

• Personality. In my opinion, a great personality is way more important than someones looks.

• Personality for me

• eye candy for me.

• would you be cool with every girl constantly staring at your man?