How do you deal with loneliness?

Besides being social?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry, but it doesn't work like that.

It's like asking, "how do you breathe without taking a breath?"

You need to force yourself to get out and about. It will be a struggle at 1st, but like with all things, eventually people will come and what you were pretending to be will be the new reality.

As humans we're so worried of being "fake" that we forget one must be a "wanna be" before they can be the real thing.

You're choosing to "wanna be" depressed, and it has become the reality.

You need to choose to "wanna be" happy and active.

What Girls Said 4

• Find things that inspire you. Career goals, dreams you may have, or just things you love (nature walks, swimming, animals etc...) Actively focus on them. Work towards your goals and dreams as a substitute for whatever is missing in your life, and/or participate in activities that make you happy. Eventually the loneliness will decrease and may even eventually go away. Trust me on this one, I been through it a lot.

• Honestly just getting out of the house. Saying hi to people you pass or making small talk with a cashier when checking out. I sime hi to one person on a sunny walk can help a lot. Isolation is no good.

• Seems interesting, I've never tried that! Hmm I'll be sure to check it out!

• find things i like to do alone. listen to music.

• exercise and watch funny, uplifting tv shows/movies

• Yes! The gym does quite help

What Guys Said 6

• Read, get a pet, watch some films, grow some plants indoors/outdoors, discover a new tv/anime series, go for a walk or go cycling, if you live in a nice area, play an online game/MMO (some of the online communities are really good!)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head :)

• Sadly there isn't much you can do, Just need to suck it up and keep on running in the shitty rat race that is life :/.

• I have hobbies.

• I embrace it.

• Keep yourself busy

• I come on GaG! lmao